Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:37 pm

Anno:

The Phantom we had commondeered flew unnaposed down to the surface. The Prophet's forces were otherwise occupied. When we landed, we left the Grunt in the ship.

There was a terminal nearby, so I acessed it. 'Kulsomee had been sent on a mission to open the final door to the artifact.

The Prophet was in the base's control room.

I looked back to Vera, and nodded. She nodded back. I ran for a nearby Banshee, while she took a nearby hallway.

Vera:

I ran down the hallway. There was little opposition, seeing as the Prophet had condemned all of his soliders. As I passed the detention block, I paused for a moment.

Those imprisoned were not true enemies of the Covenant.

I walked in and stood before the central console. I activated it, and the shields holding the prisoners deactivated.

Wasting no time, I turned and ran out.

I came to a flight of stairs, and proceeded upward. I was becoming impatient. The longer I delayed, the longer the Prophet lived.

After what seemed like forever, I came to the ornate doorway that led to the Prophet's chambers.

It was locked.

No suprise there.

However, I didn't care if the door remained intact.

I ignited a pair of plasma grenades, and threw them down at the base of the door.

I backed off, and there was a brillant cyan explosion.

The door was bent inwards, and there was a sizable gap in the center. I walked up to it, drew one hoof back, and kicked forward with all my might. One door fell inward.

I stepped in after it.

The Prophet sat facing away from me, sitting upon a gravity throne. As I approached, I heard him start to speak.

"So, a heretic has come to end me. I thought as much. You fools, who believe it is your duty to break our Covenant!?"

I was unfazed. "It is you who are breaking our Covenant."

He turned when he heard my voice. "Ah, so they sent the little Sangheili bitch after me? They must be desperate."

I was furious. I swung my needler up and fired at him. But the needles bounced of of an invisible shield.

"Tut tut, breeder. Learn your place." As Despair said this, the sides of his throne began to glow.

I realized what was happening, and dove out of the way, taking cover behind a pillar.

Twin beams of energy struck where I had been standing.

"You know, I always thought that breeders should just be kept unconscious. That way, we would not have to hear them speak, yet they could continue to produce a new generation of my protectors." Despair continued.

"You bastard." I muttered. He hadn't seen where I went.

I activated my camo.

"Come out, little bitch. I'll make sure you do not mother any of my protectors." Despair spat. I snuck around behind him.

Despair whirled around with speed I did not suspect he had. The cannons on his throne charged.

My camo failed as I lept into the air, and landed on his throne.

Despair gasped as I swung my Needler back, and brought it down on the side of his face.

There was a spray of red blood as the needles tore through his face, carved open the bone, and cave in his skull.

I stopped the needler after it had went all the way through his face.

I brought the needler back to my side, and lept off the throne, which continued to float after Despair was dead.

I said nothing, and proceeded to leave his chambers.

OOC: Part 1 complete.
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:38 pm

Matt:
I got back up to the bridge.

"How much time?"
"Two minutes, then I'll begin charging the cannons... hopefully the can hold charge until we need to fire them."
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:38 pm

Anno:

I'd just landed by the bastard 'Kulsomee's Phantom. It was near a new enterance to the artifact, possibly made by the miners.

I proceeded into the dark.

I kept going for what seemed like forever, until I came upon a grisly site.

'Kulsomee's lance. Slaughtered. Not by the infection, for their bodies were not taken. And not by humans, because they were marked with plasma burns.

Only one answer stood out in my mind. 'Kulsomee himself did it.

I growled, and my walk turned into a run.

No sooner then I had found the remains, did I exit the tunnel and come to a large chamber.

There were smaller versions of the Guardians, floating around in the upper reaches of the chamber. There was a large room in the cent of the chamber, which was sealed off by the four-part door.

'Kulsomee stood in front of it. The Oracle was with him.

"You are not a Reclaimer, so I cannot allow your permission to enter this facility." The Oracle said calmly.

'Kulsomee didn't reply. Instead, he grabbed the Oracle and slammed it into the door repeatedly.

The Oracle stopped function, presumably to prevent damage after the fourth strike.

"Damn usless-" 'Kulsomee began.

"'Kulsomee!" I yelled.

'Kulsomee turned. He was holding an ignited Energy Sword, and his armor was stained with purple blood.

"'Rhculee? Hah! Are you still the friend of that whore, 'Zenoree?" He jeered.

I stepped closer, and ignited my own Energy Sword. "You dare to speak of her again, and I will only make your death slower."

"So you've come to kill me? Fool." Then, he lept forward.

I barely had time to parry the blow he struck, then blocked another. I delivered my own strike, but he pushed me back.

We parted, and then struck at eachother again.

For while, it seemed like niether of us would be the victor.

I pulled back as he swung low, and aimed for his exposed head.

I suddenly felt a searing pain in my side.

I collapsed, and looked up to see 'Kulsomee stand above me and gloat. "Fool heretic. I am pleased to see that I have carried out your execution. I will kill your breeder. She's not worthy of bearing my young."

'Kulsomee turned away, and my vision blurred.

He would open the door, and unleash the Parasite. All would be for nought.

I would die.

Vera would die.

My vision darkened. Everthing faded into blackness.

No.

Not yet.

My eyes snapped open. I reached for the first weapon at hand. A plasma pistol.

Better then nothing.

I rose, charging the Pistol as I walked.

I lifted it up when I was directly behind 'Kulsomee, and fired.

There was a flash of energy as 'Kulsomee's shields failed, and the burst coursed through his system, silencing every impulse in his body.

Then the smoking body fell.

I looked down at the corpse, and spat on it, before picking up my Energy Sword, and turing back to the tunnel from which I came.

From behind me, there was a faint whirring sound.

I ignited my Energy Sword, and whirled around.

There was a sizzle as it met flesh, and a spray of blood as Orzo 'Kulsomee's head was parted from his body.

Then he fell.

I starred at the body for a few moments, panting heavily. Then I turned to the tunnel, and left.

When I finally exited the tunnel, a Phantom was waiting for me. I got in, and Vera was there.

"Is the he dead?" She asked.

"Yes. Is Despair dead?"

"Yes."

Vera looked down at my side. "You're hurt."

"I'll handle it when we get off the damned planet."

The Phantom turned for the sky, then blasted off, ascending to the heavens, and leaving the Unseen Path behind.
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:39 pm

Matt:
"Alright, looks like everything is holding... weapons are at 50%...you can pull me now, it should be able to do the rest itself."

I pulled Courtney and put the Spirit of Fires AI in.

"Thank you... for eveything."
"Anything for the fallen."

I turned and left the bridge... running for the docking bay.

I got to the docking bay... one Pelican left, I ran in through the back and sat down in the cockpit... bringing Courtney up on the AI Projector beside the seat.

I tried the controls but it was locked down.
Serina's voice came through the bird's radio.
"Just a moment... I'll get it unlocked for you."

The lights went green and I fired up the engines.

"Thank you Serina for..."
She cut me off.
"No Matt... thank you for this... for everything. You have no idea how useless I felt when they infected the ship... killing everyone. This is the only way I can make it up to them."

I opened the Pelicans throotle all the way and left the Vermillion... for the last time.
"Matt, weapons shoud be at 90% by now."
"Lets just get out of here before it gets to 100% alright?"
"Thats probably a good idea consideing the entire planet will explode."

We flew the rest of the short trip in silence.
I docked the pelican and was immediatly met by Alicia and Alice.
Ali almost tackled me again and Alice laughed... the first time I've seen her smile in almost a week.

I looked Ali in the eyes.
"I made a promise didn't I?"
"I do know how to pick 'em." she said... a big smile on her face.
She kissed me then I picked her up... carrying her all the way to the bridge, Alice got Courtney out of the pelican and wasn't far behind.

We got up to the bridge where Miranda was waiting for us.
"Good to see you Matt."
"Yeah"
Alice put Courtney in to the control console.

"I'm linking into the Vermillion... weapons are charged and holding, systems are green... just say the word."
"Are the coordinates set?"
"Of course they are."
Miranda turned to me and Alicia.

"Do it."
"Initializing engine firing sequence... I suggest we get the hell out of here."

"Well then what are you waiting for Courtney... its your ship now."

Courtney fired up the engines and we were off... 3 other cruisers behind us.

I saw the covenant doing the same... they must know what our plan is because they didn't waste anytime in jumping to FTL.
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:41 pm

Arbiter:
I awoke, hearing my cell door open. I stuck my head out, seeing an elite turn the corner. I headed in the opposite direction, heading for something I could use to get outta here.

I saw an Elite up ahead, one of the Prophet's Honour guards. I snuck up behind him and snapped his neck. I grabbed an Energy Sword off his corpse, a good weapon.

There was a bright room ahead that I just had to check out. I looked inside and saw an Oracle floating in a stasis field. I walked up to the console and deactivated the stasis field. The Oracle fell for a second but it reactivated and caught it's self. It looked around for a moment and turned to me.

"Hello" It said to me, "my name is 343 Guilty Spark"

I nodded, "come with me, Oracle" i said to him. We continued on, I saw another honour guard coming. I activated my Energy Sword and impaled him in the back. I looked ahead and saw a hanger. I walked in and saw the Phantom Anno and Vera brought. I gotinside and found an Unngoy sleeping in a corner, Nipyap. I activated the controls and got the Phantom flying.

I went for the Carrier, Nightmare of Revenge. I landed in the hanger, a bunch of Sangheili gathered. They brought to their Ship Master, I had to speak with him. They all kept staring at the Oracle floating beside me.

We entered the Bridge and I saw an Elite with his golden armour waiting. I discussed with him how the Great Journy is a lie and we've been fight to slit our own throats. As I expected he called it all Heresy. I then got the Oracle to explain about Halo's purpose. after it all the Ship Master still wouldn't believe me. I knew what I had to do. I took Nipyap's needler and shot the Shipmaster in the head. his body fell to the ground and i looked to the other Sangheili.

"You all saw what I saw" I said, "the Prophet's have promised us salvation but it will only be our demise, We have to rebel, show others what we know, and together we will bring down the Prophets and save what we hold most precious"

The other elites called out in agreement. I saw the human ship enter the planet's atmosphere, I sat in the Ship Master's chair.

"get us away from here" I said.

We entered slip pace and I knew there was hope....
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:44 pm

//UNSC VERMILLION//
//Coordinates set//
//Remote Access//
//Parameters set//
//Stand-by Phase Bypassed//

//Initializing Remote Firing Sequence//

//Atmospheric Entry Confirmed//

//Converting Emergency System Power to Engine Bypass Linkage//

The Vermillion entered the planets atmosphere directly centered on the middle of the planets core.

We had just entered FTL when it blew, enough to throw us off course... spinning completly around
We were forced to exit FTL in order to re-acquire the coordinates.

But the site we now saw was nothing short of beautiful... the explosion had created an almost angekic aura of plasma and debris.

It was over... it was finally over.
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:45 pm

*The following takes place after the events of The Unseen Path*

We made it back to Earth just as the FTL Drive crapped out, it had sustained heavy damage and had cut out twice during our journey back.

Upon exiting the ship we were greeted by a number of high ranked UNSC officers.
We were all commended on our bravery in face of the numerous odds stacked against us.

*The following Day*
The crew that served on the Vermillion were all honoured at a large banquet... there were even rumours of a new ship in the works for us!
The party lasted all night with such a light and happy feeling in the air.
The following days would be different.

*2 days later*
We all attended the services held in honour of our fallen brothers and sisters.
I gave a speech at one of them.

"Those who gave there lives for humanity shall never be forgotten. I speak on behalf of this crew when I say that we will not stop until the Covenant is wiped from this galaxy that is our home. Humanity has endured nothing like this before and if it comes down to it... I will give me life if it means putting a stop to this."

I left the spotlight and was greeted by Alicia.

OOC: I understand this goes past the timeline of the 2nd RP but it must be done.

*9 Months later*

9 Months later on August 21 me and Alicia were given what we had been waiting for... the birth of our daughter... Melissa Alice Daniels.
She had the brightest blue eyes I have ever seen and curly dark brown hair with a hint of blonde.
The greatest and single most important moment of our lives.
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:45 pm

And... in the End...

We lie Awake....

Planning to make our Escape...

-Death and All his Friends, by Coldplay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8