Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:24 pm

Anno:

I manned a gun, as did Vera. I swung the turret around, observing the nearby areas.

"You don't think the apes would be stupid enough to attack a fully armed Phantom, would thay?"

A Banshee swung past. I fired a few shots at it, and it returned fire. I was marginally more accurate, and blew out one of the wing boosters.

The Banshee lost control, spiraled away, and exploded.

"I could be wrong."
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:25 pm

Arbiter:
I piloted the Phantom, fallowing directions the Pilot had given me. I found another entrance to the structure. I had to get there soon, the Banshees had manged to shoot off Vera's turret. I literally crashed the phantom into the door, I had no idea what lurked inside...

We all hopped out of the crippled Phantom. I looked around, there was some sort of sickening mist in the air. I also noticed the corpses of Brutes had litered the floor. They were hidious, more so than normal.

"Idiotic Savages! What have they unleashed" Anno said, anger in his voice.

"What ever it is, it was easily able to kill a group of them" I said.

We walked along, seeing more corpses of Brutes and Jackals. After walking for about 5 minutes we came across another Terminal...
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:26 pm

///Fragment Starts///
Entry #234

The species has completely broken away from our control. things were getting better when they all went berserk and smashed their own cages. They have swept through the Complex like Locusts, killing all in their path. I fear we have unleashed a horrible species capable of as much destruction as the flood. There are just some things that we were not meant to tamper with-

///Fragment Ends///

I backed away from the Terminal. The Forerunners here has died by their very creations, in this complex. surely they haven't endured this long? Just then I became aware from the movemeant shifting around behind us....
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:26 pm

Hagerus:

The demon ran foward shooting his AR, but my shields didn't have time to recharge so the bullets did hit me. I roared and ran foward swinging my gravity hammer at him. The force knocked away his gun away, also pushing him back.
I ran foward and swung it two more times in the same second. He was pushed back, but wasn't knocked down.
My hammer couldmn't handle the 3 consecutive shots, so it had a recharge wait. Hopefully it would be upgraded on that when I got back, but for now I focused on the demon, who was now running towards me. He ran and punched my in the chest knocking some air out. I brought my hand up and punch him right back.
We then ensued in a brawl pummeling each other, but I was the victor in hand to hand.
I kicked him and then swung my hammer foward knocking him flat in the chest. This sent him flying away, I could already smell death in his body. If my gravity hammer had recharged that surely would have killed him. I looked at his limp body, his armor was dented in the chest area, it had a huge dent on his chest which made me grin, but the real damage was on the inside of the armor. He was stunned and I took the chance.
I rushed foward roaring, but I saw a glint of gold flash and then a green explosion erupting in my face.
I swung my hammer around furious. I was in pain and a lot of it too, but that didn't stop me
"Chieftain! The demon is running away, he gave up! The demon is a coward."
I calmed afterwards, he wouldn't be coming back for awhile.
After I was able to see clearely and my pains and wounds had subsided I went back to our primary mission.
"Chieftain, the Prophet has ordered you to come back the ship!"
I turned around with my brute bodyguards and walked out.
I was furious that the demon fled away like a coward and at that a pointless mission!
"Coward..." I muttered to myself, but then I smiled, I had won that fight if he hadn't found that fuel rod I would have had his head. I saw trails of blood, from the demon, which also eased my fury.
I arrived back outside, there was alot of debris, from the humans transport and our own little camp.
"Let us leave and forget this mess. Lets go back to the ship and see what the prophets require of us!" I said to everyone
They all nodded, and we all went back in our phantoms. The other phantoms also flew into the air and we headed towards the ship...
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

Arbiter:
I turned around, as did the others. it looked as if the walls were moving. I activated my Energy Swords, waiting for an attack. Suddebly I looked up and there was some sort of giant bug on the wall. I slashed at the neck and it hit the ground. The other Insectoids became aggressive and attacked. Anno and I held them back with our blades, but there were too many. We were pushed back to a door. We all got through the door and we locked it behind us. I had a feeling it wasn't going to hold for long....
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:27 pm

Hagerus:

The ship came into sight, and before we knew it, we were docked inside again.
I walked out of the phantom, and then I saw the hologram of the prophet once again.
"I had to pull you back out Chieftain, the elites have failed in that mission and have pulled out, and the structure is lost to the flood and humans. There is no point in pushing it, we will get it back later with larger forces! Anyway, I hope you bring better news. How was your fight with the demon?"
"The coward ran away when I was about to deal the finishing blow, and ran away! The COWARD!" I roared, the anger started to bubble back up.
"Even if you didn't kill him, you have sent the message that we shall NOT be trifled with! I have a new mission for you chieftain"
"Yes Holy One..."
"Remember the heretic elites that were dispatched on the battlefield before?"
"Yes, I have killed the leader." I pulled out the head of the elite from before and showed it to the prophet and then put it back.
"That was not the leader, but another high ranking commander that was in their ranks."
I grumbled, but waited for him to continue.
"We have located their base, we want youto wipe the filth, see of any information, and then destroy the base."
I nodded and stood up.
"The pilot knows where to go, he knows the location, and also one more thing. I have an extended "gift" for you and your brutes..."
He waved and a couple of brutes came foward, with crates. The top of the crates had a small glow, but it was the contents inside of it that interested me and my fellow packmates.
I walked up to it first and opened it up.
Inside were 2 weapons, totally new to me.
It had a long barrel, and on the side of it was a long scope. Under that was the ammo catridge, that was attached to the barrel and the scope.
The handle of the gun looked simialer to the spikers, but it was longer and behind it was the arm rest. What really caught my eye was the long spike, under the barrel. It looked like the back end of my hammer, but it was a little smaller so that it fit the gun. It had some designs, on it, and teches that gave it a menacing look. The ammunition of the gun was like the spikes, but alot thicker and longer. It was also super heated so that it could go through anything easily, even the demon's armor.
Each crate had two guns and a long belt filled with ammo.
"These guns were made as a reward to you and your brutes. Your bodyguards will be equipped with them, and many of your brutes in your army. The jackals will still be equipped with the beam rifles though..."
I bowed my head "Thank you Holy One"
The hologram flickered and then it disappeared.
"Lets rid of the heretic filth, lets go!"
Before I got into the phantom I saw a whole line of brutes bring in dozens after dozens of crates into the phantoms for my packmates. I grinned, it was an upgrade to my army.
When I got on my phantom, my bodyguards were waiting there. They were holding the new snipers, with the brute shots on their backs, and a spiker holsted to their legs.
"Let us go!"
And once again we flew away, with greater numbers in the phantoms. I had my own army now and it was deadly.
Soon we approached the base, it was supported by three huge poles that was stuck onto the bottom.
"Take us in, I want ust my body guards, a squad of grunts, and with the stalker brutes! When I give the signal I want the phantoms to land and raid the base."
We landed in one of the abandoned hangars. A squad of grunts, with 4 stalker brutes and my bodyguards.
"Engage your camo. Me and my bodyguards will follow behind."
Eveybody engaged their camo and started to move foward. I followed behind carefully. The stalker brutes had the new snipers, or now called the Sickle.
We carefully walked to the door, we could already smell the heretics inside, we were ready to wipe them out....
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:27 pm

Arbiter:
We continued on, fighting off more Locust. I looked down and saw the fighting on the floor below us. The Jiralhanae were fighting the Locust, that was why they were so distracted before. I looked around we were in a good position for cover fire, I turned to Vera.

"You provide cover with the Beam Rifle, Unngoy, do the same with your Needlers"

"Yes, Arbiter" Vera said to me.

" 'Rhculee, your with me" I said to Anno.

He nodded and we krept forward, Swords ready. I nodded at him and we jumped out activating our Energy Swords.
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

Matt:
"We don't have time for this... we heading back to the Vermillion."
"Out the way we came in?"
"Yes... that is unless you have a better idea."
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:28 pm

Arbiter:
I charged the first Brute I saw, plunging my sword through his bottom jaw and through the top of his head. I pounced on another Brutes back, stabbing him. one of the Locusts was trying to jump on me when I saw a beam rifle shot go through its head. I also saw pink needles flying above my head, thankfully the Unngoy's Needlers had an auto-aim. I stabbed the last Brute Major in the chest, now all there was were just Locusts. I had just finished cutting one at the waiste when I saw an Unngoy fly over my head. I looked to where Vera was and I saw they had been attacked from above. They shot some sort of stinger at Vera and the last remaining Unngoy and they stopped fighting back and flopped on the floor. The Locust dragged them away, I saw terror an Anno's eyes. He ran to catch them but it was too late, the Locust had carried them through some sort of ventallation system.

"We have to go after them!" Anno yelled.

`This Heresy is not yet quelled, we must complete our mission, besides they may already be dead`

He looked at me, very angry.

`If you will not help I will go myself`

I nodded and then walked through the next door, alone
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:28 pm

Hagerus:

The brutes entered the door, with their camos engaged.
"Chieftain, we are in position." I heard through the com.
I motioned to my brute bodyguards. They walked to the edge of the door.

"Kill them..."

There was silence, other then the mumbling the elties, and then a sharp, wailing sound. A couple more of the sounds broke the silence.
My bodyguards headed around the corner and fired the same shot. I bursted in, there were 5 dead elites, with holes in their heads, cleaned from the heat of the shot.
Not only were there dead bodies, but raging elites, firing blindly from where the shots came from.

"Where is that coming from?!"
"What was that, kill them all!!"

I jumped into the air and slammed my hammer onto an elite major, smashing his body into the ground. I turned to kill the next elite, smashing his body into the wall.
I looked around, my packmates had cleaned the rest of the mess up.
"The advantage was ours..." I grinned, we had wiped them out quickly and decisively. These new weapons were deadly, and it amused us.

"Alright packmates, lets locate the leader and finish him off...he should be located towards the back, by the hangar. After recent events he's probably take extreme measures, haha coward!"
My packmates laughed with me. A good morale boost is always helpful.
"Lets go to the next room and wipe out the heretics, the're shuffling around, I can hear them already...."

My stalkers engaged their camo, and neared the door. "We'll take this dock and call in the rest of us, we should fill the facility quickly........NOW!"
The stalkers rushed in first firing their Sickles, the wailing cry of the gun echoeing around the room
I turned to see one of my brute stalkers finish his last shot before reloading. He hit the elite in the arm as it sliced through it, making it limp. The elite went to to hit with his plasma rifle, but the stalker was ready and swung his Sickle, with the blade, into the elites body giving a deadly blow. He hit once more to the head and the elite was done.

We quickly finished off the elites, the sharp sound of the Sickles, coming to a silence. These elites, they must have been disorganised from when we killed the commander. They must have been getting worried.
Whatever the case was my packmates handled it easily.
"Alright, the rest of my army come in and take over this base. Lets try to take over this facility and make use of it."
I looked out and a number of phantoms came flying in, descending to finish the job...

((OOC: oh and project its up to you to finish this rp so we can move to the next one, and lock this one up see what we can do with this story))
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:29 pm

Matt:
We coming up on the exit when the whole place started to shake.
"Leaving so soon?"

"What was that?"
"The gravemind..."
"The grave what?"
"I found quite a bit when I was in that computer console earlier.The flood have been here for a long time... the Forerunners weere studying them.
There was one of a higher being, they refered to it as the gravemind."

I wasn't sure how this was going to end but... I made a promise... and I plan on keeping it.
"We're going to have to do something about this."

"You cannot kill what you did not create!"
"Yeah... well fuck you."
"Now now richards... lets not make the nice gravemind angry."

This changes everything.

"Alice as soon as we get out call for evac."
I could see the exit.
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:30 pm

OOC: I fixed my post from before.

We made it outside... it was peaceful outside... too quite for its own good.

"UNSC Vermillion this is Courtney... we need a pick up now."
"Courtney its Miranda, what the hell is going on down there.?"
"Things just got more complicated... we'll fill you in wehen we get onboard."
"Echo 4 is on its way... come to the bridge as soon as get here, Keyes out"

"We've got company!"
"Crap."
The flood began pouring out of the door.
"Hold them off until the Pelican gets here!"
They never had a chance to get near us... we still had alot of ammo.

"This is Echo 4... I'm 3 minutes out and coming in fast."
"Echo 4 this is Courtney... I hope you brought some fire power with you."
"Don't you worry about that... we'll cover you with the 50."

Echo 4 arrived on time... spinning around so that the gunner could cover us.
"Were in."
"Alright... hold on to something!"
and we were off... leaving the flood behind.
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:30 pm

As soon as we were on board the Vermillion I went straight to the bridge with Alice.
Miranda wasted no time.
"Whats going on down there?"
No one said anything... Alice plugged Courtney in and answered for us.

"As you already know, theres alot of flood down there. We have also discovered that... the flood have some sort of a collective mind... known to the forerunners as the Gravemind."

"This just got worse."

"The only way to stop it would be to fire directly into the planets exposed core... destroying the planet. Theres just one problem."

No one said anything, so she continued.

"We need to get all personel off of the Vermillion..."
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:31 pm

Arbiter:
I continued on without Anno, more for me I guess. The Brutes had barricaded themselves in this section of the facility. They were trying to keep the locust out. There wasn't much of them left after the Locust pushed them back here. I had my camo engaged, running past the Brutes. There still wasn't enough time to kill them all myself, I had a plan B. I was going to destroy one of the cooling towers that stopped this place from exploding. I was heading there when I saw an elevator, going up.

"Short cut" I thought to myself.

The elevator moved fast and I found myself in a large chamber. In the center I was 3 Heretic Brute Majors, they were kneeling in front of Their Chieftain. He saw me and smiled.

"Go my packmates," He said to them, "Bring me this Sangheili's skull"

The all turned and looked at me, aiming their Brute shots. I had to dive to the side to avoid the first volley. I engaged my camo and went around. They all looked around nervously. I activated my Energy Swords and beheaded the first one. The other 2 jumped back in surprise but I was already mid-air, impaling the second one through the chest. The last one charged, tackling me, I dropped my swords. He jumped in the air and I reached back and took out the Hammer I got from the first Chieftain. With all my might I bashed the hammer into the Brute's chest, blowing him away. I put the hammer on my back and retrieved my swords and turned to face the Brute Chieftain
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:32 pm

Anno:
I had held back, allowing the Arbiter to move up. I kept my Energy Sword ignited. The freakish insectoids nor the Brutes would get the drop on me.

Suddenly, there was a voice, broadcasted through not only my armor's com, but also the coms of every Covenant force in the immediate system.

"You are all to condemned to die!"

It was the voice of the Prophet of Despair.

"You fear the vile infection?! It is no more the mere challenge on our righteous journey! Your faith wavers, and I cannot accept that! You shall all face execution, and you will have no place on the path!"

The com suddenly cut out, as the Prophet severed communications.

I was, at once, dumbfounded.

What had motivated the Prophet to condemn us?

Then, I began to feel, with a deep, sinking feeling, that there was something seriously amiss.

The Prophet's treatment of all of his troops, his slavedriving manner...

The Prophet of Despair was insane.

There was but one thing we could do now.

I left my post, and headed back to Vera.

We had to kill the Prophet of Despair.
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:32 pm

Arbiter:
Me and the Brute Chieftain were already locked in combat when the prophet's message came through. I saw the Heretic was smiling.

"The Prophet has betrayed you, Arbiter, You of all people should have predicted this" He said to me.

"close you Jaws Heretic!" I said.

"I can see it in your eyes Arbiter, The Great Journey is false, If the Prophets succeed we're all dead"

My Energy Swords locked with his hammer, I could only hold against him for a few seconds, his stregth easily out matched mine. I slipped out of the lock but he strafed, keeping me directly infront of him, he didn't lack speed either. He lunged at me, I had to jump to the side to avoid his hammer's deadly shock radias. He spoke again.

"The Prophets promised us all freedom for a doomed cause, you are all fools for trusting your lives with them."

"Your Heresy has blinded you Brute" I said.

"I have seen the truth Arbiter, there is no Journey, only death"

"Who has taught you these lies?"

"The only one that really knows the truth"

Before I could ask he jumped toward me nearly bashing me into the ground. I side stept at the last second and got a good hit on his abdomen with my sword. the damage was sevear enough his shields went down and he felt the pain. He was angry now.
If I thought he was fast before I had no idea what to call him now. I barely had time to defend my self let alone trying to go on the offensive. Every attack of his seemed to gain more power than before. he attacked and than did a feint, which took off my guard and he slammed me into the wall by back handing me to the chest. I had lost one of my swords and I had the breath knocked out of me. He walked up to me laughing.

"Where are your Prophets now Arbiter?" he said mockingly.

He picked me up by the neck. I looked him right in the eye, and he knew something was wrong. I grabbed one of his fingures with my metallic hand and bent it backwards until i heard a SNAP! The cheiftain howled in pain for a moment, which was all I needed. I kicked him in the chest with both my feet, knocking him over, air knocked out. I picked up one of my swords and as he stood up i kicked out his knees and he fell on them. I activated the Energy Sword and brought it to his neck, It intense heat burning the fur.

"who has taught you these lies"

"What lies? face it Arbiter, I could see the seeds of doubt have already been planted in your soul"

"Who-Told-You"

I then noticed, hooked up to a console, was the Oracle. Anger, fury, and Hatred bubbled inside me. I tightned the grip on my handle and beheaded the Heretic Jiralhanae Chieftain, I watched his head role to the side. I saw some sort of key on his belt, I grabbed it and called for extraction. I walked over the cooling towers console and pushed it, rigging the place to explode. I turned and saw Anno there, Vera's arm around his shoulder, Nipyap behind them.
The Phantoms came. Anno, Vera, and Nipyap went into one while I went into the other. I entered and that was the last thing I remembered before geting smashed in the head and falling unconscience.

OCC: Longest post by me ever!
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:33 pm

Matt:
"Courtney... what do you mean get all personel off the Vermillion?"
"Our cannons are powerful... but not powerful enough to destoy the planet indefinitly... were going to have to sacrifice the Vermillion."
There was a long silence... somebody coughed.
"Whos going to do that?"
Serina interrupted Courtney before she could say anything.
"I'll do it... I owe them that much."
No one said anything again.
Courtney continued.
"The Vermillion is going to have to fly into the planets core at full power... while firing the cannons... it will be enough to collapse the planets core on impact."
Thats when I left. Alice followed me.
"I guess our job here is done."
"Go down and see Alicia... pack your things... were on the first bird out."

I didn't question her... I ran.
I got to the elaevator... damn this thing is slow.
As I was waiting I notice a vent next to the door of the elevator.
"Short cut"
I kicked the cover in... it was just big enough for me to fit in.
I was in the elevator shaft now... the elevator was on its way up... just missing me as I fell to the bottom of the shaft.
Pulling open the door I ran down the hall towards the personel quarters... first door on the left... and knocked.
"Who is it?"
"The demon... who made a promise."
I wasn't waiting longer than 3 seconds when the door opened... Alicia jumping at me. I caught her my arms. "You kept your promise!"
"You seem surprised... its gonna take more than some parasitic life form to kill me."
She stared at me for a moment... our eyes locked.
"Does it hurt?" Damn... I forgot about that.
She ran her thumb acroos the cut on my forehead... tracing it from my right eyebrow to where it stopped it just before my right ear, cutting across my temple.
"Not anymore."
She smiled.
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:33 pm

Matt:
"Whats wrong?"
I didn't answer right away.
"Matt? Whats going on?"

While still holding onto her I walked into her room, setting her down on the bed.
I picked up a framed picture that was on her bed side table.
A picture of us... before all of this... before we became what we are now.
"I don't even know where to begin."
She got and kissed me.
"Thats a start I suppose."
Another long silence.
Thank god for the intercom.
"Attention all UNSC Vermillion personel." It was Courtney.
"I regret to in form you that... we are evacuating the Vermillion... everyone gather up what you can... only the essential stuff, and head down to the docking bay."
I saw the look on Alicia face.
"The Vertigo and Gematria will be assisting us... all high ranked personel are to be on board the Gematria, all others will be boarding the Vertigo."
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:34 pm

Arbiter:
I woke up, the back of my head was throbbing. I looked up, I was in the Prophet's personal quarters. I looked around, sure enough Despair was sitting in his chair. Sure enough Orzo 'Kulsomee was beside him, his smile made me want to strangle him. No doubt he was the one who knocked me unconscience. I looked at my restraints and I knew I was doomed. The Prophet looked at me, angry.

"Will you not beg for mercy for your Prophet?"

I cursed him with words that would get you tortured in unexplainable ways, and then killed. Orzo growled. The Prophet however looked satisfied.

"you will be charged with treason agianst the Covenant and your heresy will be the end of you"

I was taken to a cell block. Orzo threw me in, I sat there waiting for us to get to our destination....
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:35 pm

Matt:
Most of the crew were off the Vermillion now.
I satyed behind with most of the engineers to help prep her for her final journey... her finally act for the greater good of mankind.
I was talking with the lead engineer.
"I'm gonna miss her... shes been through alot with us."
"Yeah... shes a good ship."
He went back to work.

Walking through the empty halls was creepy in a way.
I went up to the bridge, Courtney was prepping the main systems.
"I'm almost done."
"Take your time... we only have one shot at this."
"Serena is pretty familiar with the ship already... once everyone else is off shes going reroute all power to the cannons... shut down all the systems to bring full power to the reactors core."
"The usual crap I suppose."
"Yup... I need another 20 seconds or so, then you can pull me... I'll let the engineers know they can leave."

Courtney opened the intercom.
"Alright... you guys can go. Grab your stuuf and head down to the docking bay."
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:35 pm

Anno:

As we took off, I turned back to the others.

"Vera, are you going to kill that insult to the Covenant they call Despair?" I asked.

Vera curled her mandibles into a smile. "With pleasure."

"Then I'll handle the bastard 'Kulsomee." I replied.

The Phantom blasted away from the Heretic base, as the base exploded.

OOC: Short, but my next post will be phantasta-awesome-coolio.
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

Hagerus:
We quickly wiped out the heretics and then looked at the terminal to the right.
I looked at it, and then decided to see the contents.
"Lets see what made these elites, heretics..."

I read the terminal, the date, apparently the Holy Oracle told them that. That the Halo rings were meant for wiping out all sentient life in the galaxy?! Heresy! Iwouldn't allow it, but it made sense. Why would we be fighting for somthing so blindly. I wasn't foolish enough to let this get in my way. I knew somthing had always seemed wrong, but not this bad.
I left it quickly, I couldn't tell anybody, I would stay in th Covenant, gather my army. If the time comes I will do what I can, but for now....the Covenant I'll stay with.
"Quickly packmates, wipe out this entire sector plant the charges, lets blow this filth away." I spoke into my com.
"It is already done, Chieftain."
"Then let me deal with the Heretic leader, board your phantoms and get ready, await for me."

I entered the next room, what seemed like the heretics domain. I sent my brutes in to silently wipe out the guards. The other elties turned around shooting us. My bodyguads sniped them quickly.
"Packmates return to the phantom let me deal with the heretic."
They left my sides and I looked at the leader of this base. He wasn't one for words, he charged me quickly with his energy sword, barely missing me. I took the stick of my hammer and smashed it into his stomach. He buckled foward, but rolled over elbowing me in the ribs. I turned around to back up, as the sword slashed my body chest, piercing through my fur and skin. It burned, but it wasn't enough. I howled and tackled the elite into the wall smashing his face with my fist. He kicked me off, and went to slash my head, but I ducked, backing away. He went to go for another attack with his sword, slashing my shoulder. I took my hammer end, and swung it across his face. He rolled over, howling, but he jumped up, quickly getting near me and punching my face. Before he could make the finsihing move, I grabbed his arm, and the broke it with my fist. He howled in pain, but did a flip kicking my face upwards, and the continously pucnhing me, seeing as how his sword arm was broken. I kicked him off as he switched his sword to his other arm running to make the finishing blow. I took my hammer, and smashed his body, making it fly into one of the generators. His body was mangled up. I went to go see if he was dead, shooting him in the head with my spiker.
I bowed my head.
"Good fight heretic...but I was better. Phantom come pick me up and packmates blow this heretic base up..."
I quickly boarded and before I knew it, their base exploded in a frenzy of colors.
Our ship came into view, and then we were waiting to see what would happen next, to see our next mission, to see the outcome of the Elites, and to see how this war woud turn out.
Hopefully my packmates and army would survive, and flurish with our great military. It was time to wait and see.

((OOC: Done with this RP, tell me when we're movng to the second RP WOOOO!!))
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:36 pm

Matt:
3 minutes later...

"Hurry up Courtney."
"I'm going as fast as the ships computers will let me... its still transferring power, if I force it to go too fast it might over..."

The power went out.

"...load. Damn IT!! This ship is really starting to piss me off!"
"Just get it fixed ok?"
"Fine... head down to the power core and see what you can do."

I got to the core... after using the elevator shaft as a short cut again.
The main generator had overheated.
I flipped on the intercom... "The main generator overheated."
"I know... I'm in the stupid ship remember?"
"I'm just telling you what I see... no need to get all bitchy about it."
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:37 pm

Matt:
I'm sorry Matt... I'm just tired of this damn thing acting up."
"Its not your fault... its a prototype remember?"
"I know... I helped with the design."
I didn't say anything.
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:37 pm

"Matt... one of the drive boards for the generator blew, there should be a spare in the side hatch next to the generator."

I found the hatch and sure enough... there was one left.

I opened up the maintenence hatch for the main generator and it didn't take long to find the blown board.

"Well, atleast its near the front."
"As I expected, all the important control boards are set near the front for easy access in case of emergency."

I pulled the blown board out and gently placed the new one in.

"Alright, I've got green lights all across the board... it should take about 5 minutes for everything to fully reboot, during which I'll shut down everything except the emergency backup."

I shut the hatch and made my way back up to the bridge... atleast the elevator had power now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next