Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Alice Greene
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:46 pm

Skurge 'Tyrandee:

I saw all the other Phantoms drop off troops and fly away. The humans had an army in the city, that was clear. There was already human "Pelicans" flying and dropping troops of their own. I gave the signal and immediatly Banshees flew from behind cover and swarmed the pelicans. The humans reacted by sending in their Hornets, but I already anticipated it. 3 anti-air Wraithes moved forward and began firing, keeping the hornets back. Eventually the Pelicans began falling to the earth, and we had an adavantage. without rienforcemeants the small human warrior squads were overwhelmed. Then, from the air I saw a human "Longsword." I ordered the Anti-Air Wraithes to focus on it but they weren't quick enough. The Longsword flew over them, dropping a path of explosives on it's way over. The explosives detonated and the Anti-Air wraithes were destroyed. The hornets flew in and there was a mighty sky fight. Our Banshees high numbers seemed to give us a small advantage but then a human "Vulture" hovered over and firied a volley of missles, destroying a big section of the Banshees. Now it was time to call in a Scarab...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice Greene
Admin

Matt:
If they weren't going to do anything about this... then I would.
I put the Shadow Hawk armour on and went to the armoury.
"Battle Rifle, Sniper rifle and some grenades"
"Umm... I'm sorry but I'm not supposed to give you anythi..."
I almost killed the poor guy... It didn't help that I was already in a bad mood so... I punched through the window and hit him right in the chest, sending him flying across the room.
"I'll get them myself."

I grabbed my weapons and went to the AI access point to get Courtney.
"Get me a Pelican"
"I like the way you think... alright, I've got one waiting for you in the hangar"
I plugged her into the back of my helmet and made my way to the hangar.

It was easier than I thought... there wasn't anyone in the hangar.
I hopped into the pelican and released the locks.
"can you kick the door remotely Courtney?"
"I thought you'd never ask"
I started the engines as the door began to open. Once it was open I took off towards the city... alone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice Greene
Admin

Miranda: "Who authorized that Pelican to leave."
Alice: "Courtney did."
"Where is it going?"
"I don't know, she must have set the coordinates herself. Theres no record of it"
"Who....... Matt?"
"Yes"
"What should we do about it?"
"Theres nothing we can do. When Matt received the implants... there was some sort of bug in the system that we didn't pick up on right away.
"How bad was it Alice... tell me everything"
"It wasn't anything serious. Once we found it, we documented it as the SIII Overdrive, Kind of like an adrenaline fueled rage."
"So your telling me that we have a rouge Spartan on our hands?"
"Not exactly... once he does what ever it is he has set out to do, he'll snap out of it"

Alicia:
Once I found out what Matt did, I wanted to get down there and help him... but they wouldn't let me. The main reason being that they were still monitoring me in case I had a concussion or something. I was unconcious when I got back on the Vermillion, Matt carried me.
The last thing I remember was Miranda telling to get ready for some kind of blast that was fired from a covenant ship... then everything went black.
I don't know how he made it out whille carrying me at the same time but he did.

We were stuck in orbit above this damn planet while they made repairs to the main power core, it wasn't as bad as we first thought. The problem with the Vermillion's MAC cannons is that they can't fire the first shot on demand, they need to charge... but once they do, it makes you feel sorry for who ever is on the other end... the main firing core is an experimental Hybrid-Fusion Reactor, The resulting blast is the equivalent of a Nuclear explosion times 2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice Greene
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:48 pm

Matt: I didn't exactly have a plan for when I got to the city, but I'm pretty sure it was going to be a good fight.
Once I was out of cloud cover I put the throttle open all the way.
"Courtney, switch the auto pilot on and set the coordinates for for that phantom right there" "I know what your going to do.... and I think your crazy... and I like crazy."
After Courtney set the flight path, I pulled her and went into the back and got ready for waht was going to be nothing short of awesome. I picked this Pelican on purpose... it was responsible for carrying our heavy weapons into the feild... it was loaded with rockets.
"Tell me when!" I said this as I opened the back door.
"NOW!!!"
and I jumped out... backwards, I wasn't about to miss this.
The Phantom was hovering and didn't notice until it was too late...

The Pelican slammed into the center of the Phantom... and the result was exactly as I had predicted.... awesome.

Now it was time for part 2 of the plan... landing.
Lucky for me, I landed on the roof of a building... and crashed through 7 floors.

"Hey Courtney.... you know what the say about the UNSC?"
"No"
"We deliver."
And with that, I got up and picked up my weapons... and set as the one man clean up crew.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice Greene
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:48 pm

Skurge 'Tyrandee:

The Scarab dropped from the sky, making a crater when it hit the ground. It charged it's main gun as the Vulture turned to face it, but before it could fire the Scarab blasted it out of the sky. The remaining hornets tried to escape but my Banshees finished them off. I gave another signal and a group of Wraithes, who began to mortor the the city with plasma. The battle now began to move inside the city and it was time for me to begin my mission. My personal Phantom flew in, upgraded with side fuel rod cannons instead of plasma ones. The main gun fired a concentrated beam (much like a sentinel beam but with the power to sevearly damage vehicles). It was a polished Gold instead of pinkish purple. I climbed into the grav lift and entered the Phantom. A strike team had been asembled for me already. We flew towards the city, active camoflage generator engaged. We were dropped off at a building housing the archives...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice Greene
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:49 pm

Skurge 'Tyrandee:

The Phantom flew through the city at amazing speed. I tracked the signal to a Building and the Phantom dropped us off. We entered the building and quickly swept through, killing at will. The signal was getting stronger and I knew we were close. just then i heard an Elite call out in pain. I turned the corner and saw, standing above the corpse of an Elite, Energy Sword in hand, a Spartan. I instantly reconized him, it was the same one that shot me in the arm with some sort of laser. He noticed me and I told the others to find the archives, The Demon was mine.
He put away the sword and took out two Human SMGs. I took out 2 plasma rifles and fired, him doing the same. My armors Shields were alot stronger than his, and he soon had to dive behind cover, mine were just over half empty. When his charged he tried firing at me but it was useless. I took out my 2 energy Swords and charged. He tried firing more and dove behind cover, when my shields fully charged I activated my Camoflage and snuck around him. By the time he realized I was gone I was but 5 feet away. He only had enough time to take out his sword and barley parry my first attack. His skill with the sword was raw and untaimed, while mine was firm and elegant. He got a lucky shot howevr, and knocked away my right sword. I blocked with my left and before he could move i punched him with my right "metallic arm" smashing his helmet visor. at that moment i could see the fear in his eyes. I picked him up and through him across the room. He got up and retrieved his fallen blade, as did I. We both charged again and before I noticed anything he kicked me in the chest pushing me back. I got up and as he was about to lunge at me I made a quick slash at his chest. My blade cut through his armor and probable grazed the skin, making it all the more painful. He fell to his knees as I tried to stab him and he raised his arm in defence. He felt my blade make contact and go through. The pain must've been excruciating when I pulled my Energy Sword out. I looked into his eyes, he was still going to continue. He tried getting to his feat, I waited.

"Come!" I told him, "Fight me and die a warriors death"

He charged one last time but he was slow, I stabbed him in the stomache with my left Sword and raised him into the air. I plunged my right Sword into the Dying Demon's chest. I could almosr feel the remaining life leave his body. I carefully placed his corpse on the ground, and gave a triumphent roar. I left him there and went to meet up with the remaining forces...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice Greene
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:49 pm

Miranda: "Keyes to lower deck, how are we.... never mind." Before I could even finish, the power came back on. "Alright, we need to get down to that city, and provide backup and tech. support" I didn't like this one bit... but it had to be done.

"Alice, I want you on the first bird out with Alicia, finding Matt is top priority."

Alice: It's been awhile since I've heard the squish of an elites head under my boot, but its been awhile since I've seen any real action first hand... not since I served under the Spirit of Fire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice Greene
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:50 pm

Matt: I didn't want to draw too much attention to myself, so I did some covert sniping... and doing what I do best... staying out of sight. Courtney told me that the Vermillion was sending down reinforcements to help hold the city... and that Alice and Alicia would be looking for me... the last thing I need is one them getting me spotted by those freaks.

I was beggining to run low on sniper ammo, so I figured I would do this... up close, this time its personal.
I pulled my BR off my back and got a grenade ready.
"30 minutes or its free". I said to myself as I pulled the pin.
It went pretty far... landing next to some methane tanks, and next to the tanks... 5 Banshees and some ghosts.
"Looks like its gonna be Canada Day today"
The grenade blew... taking out the vehicles.
The Elites that were there started looking around for me... the grunts on the other hand... were running around screaming.
It would probably be pretty funny to someone else... but not me... not today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice Greene
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:50 pm

Skurge Tyrandee:

I met up with the other Elites. We had closed in on the room with the main power source. Inside I saw a human planting some sort of explosive.
"Shoot Him!" I yelled and a carbine shot went straight through his head, but it was too late, the bomb was activated. It was going to be big enough to destroy the room and I told the others to back up. We got out in time before an explosion nearly blew the whole floor down. I cursed in anger and told the remaining Elites to fall back to the Phantoms. We quickly made it through. most of the UNSC forces were busy with the fight going on outside. I was infront, gladly taking out my anger on any human that stood in my way. We made it to the phantoms and I saw two Elites carrying a plasma bomb. (OCC: the bomb that you deactivate in Halo 2) We all loaded onto the Phantoms and set course for the command center. As we left I felt the explosion as the bomb went off, destroying the building and anything around it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice Greene
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:51 pm

Matt: Shortly after finishing off the remaining elite squads... I heard a large explosion go off in the distance. I began to make my way towards the explosion area... with Courtneys help of course.
When I got there.... there was nothing but a crater... and bodies.
I approached one of the survivors, an ODST by the name of Kirk.
"What happened here?
"The covenant... they had a bomb... a big one, I don't know what the hell they are looking for... but we need to find it before they do"
"Which way did they go?"
"They went northeast... they looked like they were in a hurry"
"I'll take care of them. Activate your beacon, reinforcements are on the way... they'll pick you up"

Courtney told me that they were probably heading for the command center, so I grabbed some sniper ammo, and headed northeast on foot.

About half way there I ran into the first large scale outpost I'd seen so far, Heavily fortified with mainly ground vehicles. "Things just got interesting" The only reason I like wearing the Shadow Hawk armour is seeing the fear in my enemy. Its pretty scary looking... especially at night.
Then I got an idea. "Whats the Shadow Hawks heat resistance rating?"
"Its alot better than the standard Spartan armour if thats what you mean... thanks to the nano coating, but it won't last forever"
"Alright... keep me posted"

There was a building on fire near by... I went through th fire... and jumped out the window. I was completly consumed by the fire but didn't feel a thing.
I landed right next to a group of grunts... and they ran like hell, one of them just stood there... frozen with fear... I crushed his head with my hands.
"FLAMING DEMON RUN AWAY!" I heard one of them yell.
"I guess this gives new meaning to the name demon eh?"
I followed the grunts that ran away, and didn't take long for the elites to come and see what was going on... I could see the fear in them as well when they saw me.
"KILL THE DEMON!!!."
"With what? Its gonna take more than your little plasma toys to take me down!"
They started shooting at me... but not for long...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice Greene
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:51 pm

Skurge Tyrandee:

I looked at the battle from the Phantoms monitor. apparently the Humans were sending rienforcemeants? Why would they waste resources on a lost cause? Then a messgaeg came through.
"Field Master! The Heavy Plasma Cannon is ready to fire!"
"Charge it and fire on the city!" I told the major. (OCC: This is the big covenant gun thing from Halo Wars.)
I saw on the screen the Cannon fire three shots, destroying the building they fired at. I saw human Transports coming in and dropping rienforcements.

"concentrate fire on the transports!" I told the Major.

soon the Wraithes on the mountain sides and the new Anti-Air Wraithes turned their attension to the transports and fired. some were able to drop off their troops but were destroyed by the bombardmeant. A few had been able to get away but the rest were destroyed trying to drop off their troops. The Humans were forced to start dropping off troops in the city, I saw my Covenant forces move up. The Wraithes on the mountain sides began to drop mortors on the city.

Soon we made it to the Command center. No dought the humans had a strong force inside but it was nothing I couldn't handle. We entered, engaging our active Camoflage and began to move through the building. I came across some soldiers on some sort of Guard Duty. with my camoflage I was able to get close. one of them seemed to notice me but it was to too late, I had already activated my swords and beheaded them. We continued on, ready to slay any humans that got in our way...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice Greene
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:52 pm

Hagerus:
I ordered the phantom to lower by the heretics, but they were already retreating. I told the pilot to follow them. They all fled in 7 banshees, clearly changed, while the 2 phantoms were in the middle of them. We sped up the chase, although they got a headstart we caught up. We soon started side by side and before we knew it the banshees had flanked and surrounded us. And soon we were gettig shot at. Of all the things elites could have provided me with it should have been banshees, but I did have something.
Our banshee was getting hit hard, but the phantom luckily kept dodging alot of the bullets, only some.
I thought about my plan over until we got hit again, hard. I made the decision there. I looked over at my jumpack brutes and they knew what they had to do.
"Now, hijack them, kill them!!"
As soon as I said that my packmates with jetpacks bursted out of the phantom likes missiles. One brute crashed into one of the banshees knocking it into another one. The other brute had hit another banshee, but successfully hijacked it. Now we had a banshee and they lost two of theirs. The brute from before crashed the banshee into the pelican and crashed into the heretic phantom as another brute followed this one with ease. Now their were two brutes fighting inside the heretic phantom while we had our own banshee, but our engines were failing and we started to descend a tiny bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice Greene
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:52 pm

Matt:
I made it to the Command Center with little resistance. There was one other outpost... but I didn't bother taking it out... I was willing to do anything to slow down Alice and the others...
Once inside, there were about 8 Elites in the main center of the complex... I engaged my camo and took them out one by one... snapping there necks. The eighth one made a little noise one I killed him but it didn't matter... there was no one else here... I thought it would have been harder than this.
I was just about to leave when I heard a door open.. my camo was still active so it didn't matter... or do I thought.

"Demon?" I heard him say... I had realized that my camo had cut out... again.
I stopped but didn't turn around... I just laughed a little then turned around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice Greene
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:53 pm

Skurge Tyrandee:

After slaughtering the humans in their command center I finally found the archives. There were Human computers everywhere and I used my Hacking Device, searching for the information I desired. Eventually I found an extremely encrypted file so I devoted all the power to that. All I got were some corodinates to something. I then heard a Elite cry out and I went to investigate, swords ready. I walked out and ahead I saw a Demon walking away. It had black armor wich was also singed in some places.

"Leaving so soon Black Demon"

The Demon turned. I wonder If he was surprised under that helmet. He began firing his rifle at me. The shots barely dropped my shields. He then took out a sniper and fired four shots. I dived away as 2 narely missed my head and the other 2 impacted my shields. Once my shields recharged I activated my camo and looked out.

"How many of you do I have to kill in one day?" I called out.

"I ask myself that everyday" He said to me.

What was this thing. all the other demons were green. This one may prove to be worth a trophy. I stalked behind him and engaged my Energy swords. He seemed to know where I was and He swung his sniper at me, nearly knocking me over. My camo disengaged and he saw me. he tried hitting me again but I cut the sniper with my swords. I prepared for a good fight...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice Greene
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:54 pm

Matt:
As I swung the sniper a second time, he countered be slicing it in half with one of his swords.
He was about to strike me with his right sword... but I kicked his hand, sending the sword out of his hand and up in the air.
I jumped over doing a front flip, catching the sword and landing behind him.
He turned around and paused for a second.
"What are you?" he asked me. Realizing that the only Spartans that hes seen are the regular SII... I simply said "My creation was the will of mankind... and I am there instrument"He didn't appear to enjoy that one very much... he lunged at me swinging horizontally but I blocked and swung at him, he blocked. This continued for a few minutes... with no one gaining the upper hand.
He made a stabbing lunge towards me and instinctively without even thinking, put my sword up to block... locking our swords together.
"Your better than I gave you credit for, but how much better I wonder?"
"Good enough to kill you"
"Ha... as well as your pathetic race... your confidence and blind courage will be your downfall"
"Try me".

I twisted my sword, pulling his right out of his hand... sending his to the ground.
"Impressive"
"No... setting yourself on fire... thats impressive"

I dropped sword.
"Now we fight my way... hand to hand"
I went at him with a full force punch... connecting with his stomach, but he quickly recovered and pounced me... pinning me to the ground.
"Your different from the others... stronger and faster. You could be an Arbiter... but the Prophets won't let you will they, they're holding you back... they don't think your ready".
I was pretty good at analyzing people... he was too easy.
"You are no different then... are you demon?"
"I fight for my people... for humanity and those you have killed. You have a blind belief of a journey that will ultimately kill everyone... your kind included"
I think I hit a soft spot because he got up just then.
"I think you are mistaken demon... those who believe will be spared... unlike you and your kind."

Just then my radio buzzed... but it wasn't talking to me... Courtney had gotten into the Vermillions comm channel.
"UNSC Vermillion, this is Captain Turner aboard the UNSC Spirit of Destiny. We have an unidentified ship entering our air space, can you confirm?"
"Confirmed. Can you indentify it?"
"It looks like one of ours but..."
"What is it Captain?"
"We aren't getting any life signs from it"
"Keep me posted"
Then there was a new voice.
"This is Serina... AI Construct aboard the UNSC Spirit of Fire. I can't control her any longer... theres to many of them."
Then there was silence... followed by Screaming and yelling... which was cut of by static.
"We've lost contact with Spirit of Destiny... I repeat... the Spirit of Destiny is down"
"What hit them"

Then another new voice, this one was deeper.
"We can not be stopped. This vessel has served us for 20 long years... this world is ours."

"It would seem you have a problem demon. It is the Flood. They will be here shortly."

Just then the building shook like a magnitude 8 earthquake hit it, sending debris everywhere. The Spirit of Fire had hit the building... the shit just hit the fan.
"They obviously haven't heard of knocking"
Then it was silent... The calm before the storm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice Greene
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:54 pm

Skurge:

It all came crashing down at once. I dived away from the Demon and retrieved my Swords. part of the roof collapsed, ans something big jumped down. I instantly reconized it, It was another Juggernaught. The Demon didn't seem to care all that much about it until it grabbed by the waiste with it's tentacle and lifted him into the air. He had no weapons and tried pounding on it's tentacle but it was ultimately useless.I realized the whole in the roof was crawling with combat forms, I was going to need help. I tried contacting my forces but communications were down. I realized the unfortunate truth, I was going to need the Demons help. I lept on the Juggernaughts back and began plunging my swords into its flesh, getting its attenion. it tried to grab me but I lept off, severing the tentacle holding the Demon.
"We will continue our fight after we have cleansed this filth"
"What makes you think I'll help"

I pointed at the swarm of combat forms as they crawled through the holes in the roof. I turned to look at him.
"Point taken"
We both prepared for the new enemy that had surrounded us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice Greene
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:55 pm

Hagerus:
Our phantom was lowering, but I concentrated on somthing else, I was looking at the huge ship that crashed down on an aoncoming building, and the fact that the other phantom was going to crash into us.
And then it crashed shaking the whole ship.
I communicated with the other phantom "Somthing has happened pack brothers! Go back to the prophets and report to them what has just happened, and tell them that the heretics are as good as dead! Follow them banshees!"
The phantom was sticking to ours, I could see the heretic elite right in front of me. It was our time to fight just us, I saw the other two brutes, dead at his feet. I was enraged now. I roared so loudly I shook both our phantoms, he ignited his sword and I took out my hammer.
"When I go to fight the heretic leave elite and report back with the other phantoms!" I roared at the pilot. He seemed to respect me I think a little more because he bowed his head. I grinned As I lept foward swinging my hammer at the other phantom to push him back.
He was pushed back to the other edge of his phantom as I jumped onto his opposite side to face him.
This was it, me versus the heretic leader, fighting in a falling phantom into the humans base. And I could smell it now already, the other ships left, it was just our phantom, we were going to fight, as we were about to crash into the flood.
This was our fight now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice Greene
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:56 pm

Skurge:

The Flood attacked. I was easily cutting through them and the Demon apparently found an old Shotgun off of one of the combat forms. We were fighting them off for a while when a thought occured to me.

"Demon, we must stop the flood, we have to detonate the ship."

"Are you crazy, Split-lip, that will destroy a good chunk of the Planet"

"Then fire the ships main weapon with just enough power to destroy the ship and this building"

He seemed to understand me and we found an entrance into the ship. The whole ship would be crawling with Flood. We had to be carefull. The ship must've been very old, even for the humans it was primitive. The ship started to shake as if it was hit by something, I didn't think too much on it however, because what ever it was it just shook the Hornet's nest....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice Greene
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:56 pm

"Matt this is Miranda... What the hell just happened"
"The ship just crashed into the building thats about it... oh and we are currently up to our necks in flood at the moment"
"So Alice and Alicia are with you?"
"No..."
"Then who is there with you?"
"An elite... the ship interrupted our fight."
"Alright... what should I tell the others?"
"Tell them to got out of here... we'll take care of this?"
"Whats the plan then?"
"Were going to get the engine generators critical... then your going to fire the Twins. The Elite is going to get his ship to fire his Plasma cannon."

"Sorry for interrupting but... there is a 75% chance of destabalizing the planets core with a blast like that."
"Shes right Matt, the risk is to high."
"Well its a risk were going to have to take. If you don't do it... Courtney will."

"I will if needed, I still have remote control of all the Vermillions main systems... including the weapons system."

"... Just be careful. Keyes out."

"Alright split lip... contact your ship and tell them to get your Plasma mortar charged"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice Greene
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:57 pm

Hagerus:
The ship was shaking and we were on a head collision to the flood infested frigate that had just crashed into the human's base. I focused back on the elite, and he charged, I quickly sidestepped foward sending my hammer towards him, but he ducked quickly. I stopped short of my swing to send my hammer down, which hit the elite on the back, denting him into the ground below. His shields flickered and he quickly jumped back.
He lunged at me with his sword, and I countered it quickly by sending the stick of my gravity hammer to his shoulder sending his arm way back. He quickly took his other hand to punch me in the face, which slightely hurt, but I knew I was superior in hand to hand so I roared and tackled him to the back of the phantom making the phantom shake alot more than it was. He quickly kneed me, proceeded by a kick that pushed me back a little. He swung his sword horizontally at me, but I moved back slightely more as the tip of the plasma sword cut a tip of my hair around my stomach and then sent his sword up making a slash across my chest, barely getting inside
I swung my hammer at him, barely missing him, but the knock of the wave sent him flying back anyway. He recovered and lunged for the last time, he cut a little bit of my arm as I grabbed his hand quickly with my other hand. He was about to make a finishing move to my arm, but I kneed him with all my force knocking everything out of him. His shields came down fully and I took my hammer quickly and smashed his body with it. I could see the lifeless corpse fly to the back again, deformed.
And then our phantom crashed right into the flood ship. I could see debris flying everywhere and feel the ship shake like the covenant were glassing the planet for a slight moment. Soon it stoppe, but the crash had put damage on me, ontop of the fight with the elite.
I stood up pushing the debris off me. I had more experience than the heretic, he was young, but I was better. I walked over to whatever was left of his corpse and grabbed his sword. I took it as my own personal trophy to show to the prophets. I also used it to cut off the heretics head, if the sword wasn't enough. I took my strap and small bag and placed the head inside; latching the sword to my small belt. I grabbed the headless body and walked around the ship, which clearely was flood infested, but they weren't focused on me, they seemed more focused on somthing else. I walked down hearing fighting and noises. With the hammer in one hand and the elite body in the other I walked around hearing loud noises of flood. I grinned, more fighting now, but I had to find a way out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice Greene
Admin

Matt:
"I think we should split up"
"Are you crazy demon?
"Yeah I am, but I think we should retrieve the AI and get anything else off this ship... as fast as possible"
"Very well demon. I will continue down to the engine area and wait for you there"
"I'll head up to the bridge"

We split up soon after entering the ship.
There was a lot of flood, but they didn't notice me with my camo on.
"Alright Courtney, wheres the AI port?"
"Center console, upper right... take her out and put me in for a minute, I want to check something."
"Make it quick?"
"Aye aye captain"

I don't know what Courtney was looking for but I pulled the ships AI and put Courtney in.

"Interesting... very interesting. I'll begin the unlocking process... they have vitals but they're very weak."
"Who"
"2 Spartans... in cryo. They've been in it for the past 20 years."
"Where?"
"On the way to the Armoury, I'm assuming you'll be making a stop there before meeting up with our new friend."
"I guess it's wor..."
Courtney cut me off.
"Alice served with this ships... the two Spartans were in the same squad as her"
"Begin the the unfreeze process, I am pulling out... we gotta go."

I pulled Courtney and we made our way down to the Mid deck area of the ship...
if you could even call it a ship anymore. The flood have completely consumed it.
On my way down I came across someone who didn't quite belong here... a brute.
With my camo on, he couldn't see me. I walked past him and once I was behind... in a low voice I said "Poor monkey... poor little monkey." and continued down to Mid-Deck.

"Take a right here... it should be the first door on your left."
When I walked into the room... the whole Executive crew was here... all dead in cryo... except the Spartans.
I opened the chambers and one fell out... dead.
"Damn... he must have died during the unfreezing process. That would be SpartanII 042... Doug, the red team leader."
I took his ID tag from his armour.
"I can't read his ID but this is Jerome... hes should be waking now."

He did... but not for long... all he said was "Wheres Alice... is she alright?"
Then he to... died.

I didn't say anything, neither did Courtney... I just took his ID tag and left the room... towards the Armoury.

Once there I grabbed another Shotgun... one that was in near perfect condition, and a BR.
Then some thing caught my eye... a Flamethrower.
Without saying anything, I grabbed it.
Before I was about to leave I noticed something on the wall.
After clearing the Flood crap off the wall, I knew what it was... a Mongoose, But why here?
"Its probably a prototype version... it's probably a little over 20 years old... It probably doesn't even work."
"How much you willing to bet that it does."
"Your not going to let it go are you, the other two I mean."
I didn't notice the dark tone my voice had taken.I got on and tried the kick-start... it worked... and with some steel cable and the straps that held the mongoose on the wall, I was able to secure the flamethrower to the back.

"Time to for our guests to leave"
"Lets show them the door then shall we?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice Greene
Admin

Matt:
Driving the Mongoose through the halls of the ship was a little difficult, but it didn't take long to reach the service elevator... which was still operational... surprisingly.

The elevator took me right where I wanted to go.
"Hey split-lip!"
"What is it now demon"
He turn to speak to me.
"Ya need a lift?"
With this he turned around.
"Where did you find that."
"The armoury... pretty cool eh?"
"Yes... cool indeed."
"Your driving by the way."
"What do we need to do in order to send this relic critical?"
He changed the subject... typical.
"Its already set... I just need to activate that console there and it should send them into overdrive."
"Then do it... I will drive, so long as you provide some firepower."
"Trust me, I've got it covered." With that said I unstrapped the flamethrower.
"Trust is a big word between us but you seem to be prepared. Activate the console, I will wait here."
I set the flamethrower down next to the Mongoose and went over to the main engine control port console.
"Alright Courtney... you've been in this thing, what do I do?"
"Turn on the engine core and set it to idle, then open the three exhaust ports and open the heat sink and fuel ports... then run."
"How long do we have?"
"5 minutes if you open the outer exhaust ports half way."
I did that and ran back to the Mongoose.

"Alright... head for the vehicle bay... you drive, I'll shoot stuff."

We wasted no time, the split lip seemed to be comfortable driving... and I had fun setting stuff on fire.

We were about half way there when one of the combat forms tried to jump us.
I let the flamethrower rest on my left leg and held onto it with only my left hand... this allowed me to punch the combat form out of the air before he could land on us. Shortly after that another one came from th right side and managed to get on us, landing right the elite.

"A little help would be much appreciated demon."
I dropped the flamethrower completly this time, turned around and before I punched him... I froze for a second... this one looked like the Captain of this ship... Captain Cutter. He was looking at me but didn't seem to care... almost as if he didn't see me as a threat.
"What are you waiting for demon... Get it off of me before we..."
He didn't have to finish because he was already off... I punched right through the left side of his chest... open fist at first, but once it connected I closed my fist... grabbing some of his medals. Once my hand made it through his body... it sounded like he said thank you... instinctively I said "Your welcome."
I pulled my arm out of his chest and his body fell off of the elite... to the ground... finally free of the flood that has controlled him unwillingly for the last 20 years.

The rest of the ride wasn't that bad after that.
Once we made it to the bay, right away I noticed a Pelican... untouched and in working condition... in appearance anyway.
"Hurry up split lip... or we'll miss our flight... a one way trip to hell"
"Are you sure it will still fly."
"Only one way to find out."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice Greene
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:58 pm

Matt:
The pelican started up without a problem... except the backfire it let off when I engaged the throttle.

"UNSC Vermillion this is Spartan 01-III, what is the status on the twins?"
"Matt its Miranda... the twins are charged and we are waiting for you to tell us when."

"Once we clear the Spirit of Fire... engage the firing sequence."

We cleared the Spirit and then everything got dark... we made it past the first building outside the command center and the whole sky went black.
A brilliant beam of light shot down from the sky above... followed closely by a bright purple plasma streak.

The explosion was magnificent... the force of the air blast alone was enough to acclerate the speed of the pelican to an unheard of level... for a pelican anyway.

We got hit by alot of the debris from the explosion, but I managed to keep the pelican in the air for awhile before deciding to ditch in a mountain region about 26 Miles out.

"Hey split lip... thers only one chute!"
I jumped out the back of the Pelican, he wasn't far behind.
He grabbed me in mid-air.
"Well then you will provide a soft landing for me then... won't you demon"

When we hit the ground, I hit first... but I hardly felt a thing.
We slid about 75feet before hitting a tree, knocking it over.

The Elite got up and began to walk away... I got up shortly after.
It didn't take long for me to get to him. As he was turning around, I garbbed his right arm and threw him into a tree, snapping it in half.
"Shall we dance Split lip."
"As you wish demon."
and our fight began where we left off...

This time however, the fight had a slower pass... mainly due to the bigger arena we had to work with.
We eventually came across an abandoned Propane facility, which the elite had entered.
Without thinking, I followed... but he gave me the slip.
Not long after I hasearched the entire building... it blew up... with me in it.
Typical cheap kill from a race like his.
I dug myself out from the debris... and got my bearings.
"Your on fire again Matt."
Perfect.

I spotted the elite and slowly made my way towards him. He didn't notice me at all.
He was too busy trying to contact his ship to think that I would be still alive... He obviously underestimated to a huge degree.

"Hey split-lip... Didn't your mother ever teach you not to play with fire!"
"What are you and why won't you just shut up and die!"
"Because you haven't tried to kill me yet!"

"Matt you don't have much time left... the outer armour temperature is getting close to critical."
The elite started running towards me and I had an idea.

"Divert all armour power to the shielding core and purge the shield, The wave should throw the fire out at him."
Once he was close enough, Courtney purged the shield... throwing the fire out towards him.
Thats when I made my escape. The fire wave took him off guard and threw him back a bit. I engaged my camo and slipped away before he noticed.
"ARRRGH WHERE ARE YOU DEMON!!!!"
Damn he was pissed.
"Until we meet again split lip!"
and thats the last I saw of him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice Greene
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:59 pm

Hagerus:
I tried contacting my phantoms by they wasn't a response. My communications were out, and I was alone. I went back to examine the phantom. It was simplified, because of the elites, but the damage seemed to have taken a power core or whatever was powering the phantom. It seemed to have caused a hole from the top onto a ramp. It looks like whoever was piloting this phantom must have wanted to land safely.
I checked out the engines, which seemed to glow faintly, possibly from the lack of power. I walked away putting my hammer on my back and pulling out my spikers. I walked down to the mid-deck area searching around, it wouldn't be here, plus why would the humans have a phantom power core. I then smelt somthing. It was easy to smell, in all this flood infested structures, it was easy to point out other smells. I turned and saw somthing walk by, I thought I shouldn't cause conflict, it was probably another demon which would slow down my plan I could steer away from any other conflict that would be great, but I wouldn't mind crushing another demon. I heard a low mumble and I turned to find the power core "haha...pathetic demon, worthless" I grunted to myself.
I entered the next room which seemed full infested with flood, there was also a broken down turret with a crashed dropship shoved into it.
I walked towards it a little surprised. "How old is this? I havn't seen and Spirits since..." there wasn't any time to dawdle, if I searched through the Spirit I could probably find a simialar power core.
I sighed. There infront of me, combat forms and a pure form.
I was furious now, I roared biggest I have ever, which echoed, which probably was the best idea as more combat forms came out.
"Bring it filth!" I roared as all of them came rushing in, I holsted my spikers and took out my hammer just in time to smash 2 of the combat forms at once, sending another flood flying towards the pure form, whom shrugged it off easily.
I whipped the hammer back to smack another 3 flood forms with ease. Then infront of me the tank form smashed me with his hand sending me flying away from the Spirit. I got up and saw that that I had more wounds then I would have liked.
I roared louder now charging at the tank form, he swung his hand again, but I ducked hitting his chest with my gravity hammer, sending him a little back. I jumped onto his head taking the pole of my hammer and sending it straight down through its head. I took my hammer out of it's head and did a 360 jump and hit the tank form full fledged in the face sending it's corpse away from my path.
I caught my breath for a second and then ran foward to the dropship searching around. Eventually dangling on a wire I found my power source. I took it out along with the cables and placed it in my bag.
I had taken a good amount of damage from the heretic elite, the fall, and from the flood. I looked down at my chest there were many wounds filling my chest with blood making my hair fall out in clumps. I sighed, this was nothing. In addition my face was bleeding from the intense brute fight before.
I walked foward towards my phantom dragging my hammer along, when suddenly bursting from the doorway to the right a juggernaut slidded forth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice Greene
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:59 pm

Hagerus:
"Why must everything hinder me from my MISSION!!" I yelled, as more combat forms came out following the juggernaut.
((OOC: Basically heres out it goes, Juggernaut "IM THE JUGGERNAUt BITCH" Chieftain "FUCK THIS GAME ARRGHHH!!!"))
I did take alot of damage, and it was starting to sap my energy.
One after another I kept destroying the flood, until the juggernaut came out.
I took the last flood form and used it as cover when the juggernaut sent in it's tentacle spike connecting it to the corpse I held up. I moved out of the way, when the tentacle kept going. It shot through the body and stuck to the ground.
I jumped onto the tentacle ran up it quickly, forcing the it to lower a little. I jumped up onto the upper part of its head, took my hammer and smash it. It didn't die seeing as how his other arm/tentacle caming after me, I ducked barely as it slashed a bit of my shoulder. I roared in pain, I grabbed its arm, took my hammer, and smashed it off with the blade part of the hammer. The force of the wave and the sharp edge of the hammer cut it off, with some resiliance. I took the spear like arm and penetrated it through the juggernaut. It's other arm broke free from the ground swinging it around to hit me in the chest sending me flying to the ground creating a large crater in the ground. I coughed up alot of blood, but I stood up anyway picked up my hammer and charged again. It sent its arm again at me and I propelled it somewhere else away from me with the gravity wave from my weapon. I got in, swung it around my waist and then sent my hammer the hardest I could making the juggernaut explode from the inside, almost cutting it in half.
It fell to the ground, and it was still moving. Barely hanging on. It took back it's tentacle and hit my back with it pinning me to the ground. With it handicapped I pushed it off with a struggle and with a final blow, I smashed the juggernaut once more with my gravity hammer.
I struggled up and limped towards the phantom, dispatching a couple more flood forms.
I located the power generator on the phantom and wired the cable in. I went to the front of the ship, and with all my force slightely pushed it out of the small crater it had made so it could take off.
I went and did some small renovations so that my phantom could successfully take off.
I got inside into the pilot's seat took the dead elite's body and through it to the back.
"Ah I forgot.."
I went back outside to grab the heretic leader bod and pulled it inside the phantom. I glanced back and saw the a couple tank forms and a whole bunch of infection forms and flood forms running at me. I got inside the pilot seatand started it up, closing up the doors behind me to prevent anything from getting in.
I boosted up the power system and the phantom with some shaking lifted off the ground.
And then a thud, the flood were jumping on.
I quickly boosted to full power abck outside the hole I crashed and flew at full force away. I could still hear the thudding, scratching, and smacking. Ahead i saw also a pelican driving away, I boosted after it
And suddenly, a huge explosion overtook the skies, the skies darkened pitch black and I could see 3 full blasts. It was pure silence and then the chaos started.
The explosion swung the back end of my ship making it do a flip, and foward at an unimaginable speed. I was flipping, spinning, and crashing around for I don't even know how much.
And then I crashed with the explosion pushing me a little more. My phantom fully stopped when it hit a large tree knociking it foward.
I was scarred, and bruised. It would take me awhile to get back up.
After a long time I limped out and opened the doors. I fell out crawling on the ground to lean my body against the tree trunk.
I then heard another loud explosion. I glanced up and saw a pummel of smoke ahead of me.
I then closed my eyes to take a rest. I would recover enough for now that I would be able to fight and find my way out....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path   

Back to top Go down

Halo: The Battle of the Unseen Path
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next