Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Halo Legacy

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

Halo Legacy - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Legacy   Halo Legacy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:13 am

Robert dove behind a new piece of cover with Leon.
"Nice of you to stop by, we weren't expecting company so I apologize if the place is a little messy at the moment."
Robert said smugly as he waved the Spartan over to them.
"Names Robert, this is Leon and Myles is over there fighting a big nasty guy."

Myles managed to drive his knife into the side of the elites neck and with a quick motion he slit its throat, purple jelly spraying out as the two fell to the ground.
"Who else wants some!"

A nearby Skirmisher fired on him, needles from its rifle tagging him as he rolled to dodge.

Last edited by Alice Greene on Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anno 'R
Watcher
Watcher
Anno 'R

PostSubject: Re: Halo Legacy   Halo Legacy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:37 am

The Skirmisher followed the other Spartan after he rolled, and I greeted it with a hard kick to the face, punctuated with the snap of its neck.

I ran for the piece of cover, and took it, along with the other Spartans. I thought of how much smaller this force was then the ones from the War. But that could be attributed to the fact that this was a fringe group, just a suprisingly large one.

"So, how's the situation?" I asked.
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo Legacy   Halo Legacy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:43 am

"Well... better now that we have long range support." Robert pointed in the direction of the cliff that Matt and Phoenix were on. "Its gonna be a long day though... damn bastards just keep coming."
Myles joined them behind cover.
"Thanks for the assist... hate those damn things."

"We still don't have any communication at all... both long and short range signals are being blocked."
Back to top Go down
Anno 'R
Watcher
Watcher
Anno 'R

PostSubject: Re: Halo Legacy   Halo Legacy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:45 am

"What do you think's blocking them?" I asked, before taking a quick look out of cover. Clear for the moment, it seemed.

"Last communications I recieved was that the space battle was going well."
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo Legacy   Halo Legacy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:48 am

"We've been trying to get through to the Mail Man since we touched down about forty minutes ago and we haven't heard anything at all... same goes for the short range, we haven't heard from Matt at all, and he's up there on the cliff... even when we have gotten a signal its too damn weak and broken up."

Last edited by Alice Greene on Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anno 'R
Watcher
Watcher
Anno 'R

PostSubject: Re: Halo Legacy   Halo Legacy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:54 am

"You have any idea what's jamming it?" I repeated. "Because we could take it out and-Hold on a moment,"

I stood up and opened fire on a pair of Grunts that had come trundling down the hill. In a matter of seconds, both of the squat aliens were on the ground, bleeding. I ducked back into cover.

"And free up the signals," I finished.
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo Legacy   Halo Legacy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:00 am

"This... Rache... Spart... ten... viper team... pinned... need back."
Filled with static, the voice of Rachel, Commander of Viper Team crackled through Roberts ear piece.
"Rachel? Rachel where are you guys!?"

"Town... some sort... lots... elites... ten miles... of drop..."
The signal went dead. "Fuck!"

Last edited by Alice Greene on Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PredAlienHybrid
Admin
PredAlienHybrid

PostSubject: Re: Halo Legacy   Halo Legacy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 4:55 pm

Soren 'Kairom

Soren looked up at the Oracle, my eyes widening with anticipation.

"Oracle? What is it?"

But before the Moniter could respond the building the Sangeili had been standing in began to rumble and shake, the walls suddenly began to shine a magnificent orange. Soren had no choice but to close his eyes, the light was too bright.

As the structure began to power up, streams of light burst from the walls and began to gather in the center, forming to make some sort of shape. The lights began to dim, and when Soren opened his eyes his heart nearly stopped at the sight before him.

The light had formed a humanoid shape. Unforunately, through age and damage the figure remained a mass of static and was undefinable. There was no question to what it was, however. What stood before them could only be one of their sacred gods. One of the creators of all that the Sangheili held holy.

A Forerunner.

It's arms opened as if welcoming us, and it spoke in a language that, at first, no one could understand. A bright light shined, as if it was scanning us. Suddenly, it spoke in the Sangeheili language.

"-am The Guardian of this Installation. With the installation complete evacuations may ensue whenever we’re ready, should the outside conflicts prove even more disastrous then we had first predicted. Let it be known to all that when we light the array, when we purge the menace that strikes us, our victory will be inevitable. From what I have gathered the initial install of teleporters AB to DE have been cleared and declared ready for immanent use, should we need to communicate with the other Installations. Of course proper screening has been installed to avoid accidental contamination, we have not taken any chances with the safety and security of civilians and other sentients. I would advise proper procedure be followed, for the enemy has grown strong, and are losing the man-power to hold th-"

The image suddenly froze and began in quick, twitchy movements as the it momentarily became even more distorted, as if fast-forwarding. Soren nodded and turned to his fellow Sangheili. "It's just a message. It must've been activated when the Oracle tapped into the systems."

The image suddenly returned to normal and began to play back again.

"Reports tell the battle outside is not going well. Enemy continues to advance and we can hold them back no longer. I have received word he plans to activate the Array, but we still have a chance. The decision wasn’t easy, but we must lock down the installation, and leave our brethren outside to their gruesome fate. I hope their souls forgive me, for I shall not be able to forgive myself. Evacuations are finished. We‘ve done all we can. We knew it would come to this, we knew we had very little chance of survival, let alone victory."

The image stopped again, this time completely disintegrating as the lights returned to normal.

Soren stood still as silence filled the room.

Back to top Go down
Anno 'R
Watcher
Watcher
Anno 'R

PostSubject: Re: Halo Legacy   Halo Legacy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 9:28 am

Anno:

"Oracle, what killed them?" I asked.

"I am not permitted to say, due to protocol. However, I am encouraged to attempt to make you leave this place. I suggest you do so," said the Oracle.

I shook my head.

"No. Not after we have found such an artifact. We shall press on," I replied. "If it is the parasite, we are prepared for such things."
Back to top Go down
TombKing31
Watcher
Watcher
TombKing31

PostSubject: Re: Halo Legacy   Halo Legacy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 4:13 pm

Jackson

A pelican came swooping down, with a trooper at the edge.

"Sir, the Admiral needs you leading the troopers, Richards is taking over."

I looked up, noticing that Richards was indeed there, he leaned out and nodded, "thank you sir, I'll take it from here."

Nodding, I grasped his shoulder and ran off with a couple squads of Army Troopers.

Richards - 031

"Alright, team, we're going to the enemy's outpost. There is a source of radar jammers around that area, as well as a base of communications. if we can get to it, we'll take it down and it should take a load off of our shoulders."

My team nodded, eager to get back into the fight.

"Good, I'm going to try and relay this message, see if it patches through to everyone else. Alright, pilot take us there."
Back to top Go down
https://divnoidstudios.forumotion.net
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo Legacy   Halo Legacy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 4:33 pm

"Damn it... alright, we're getting them out of there now."
"Um Rob... where the hell are they."
"Well that would be the problem Myles... we don't know, all we know is there about ten miles from us in any given direction from the prop point... and that was about 5 miles north of where we are right now."

Robert looked over at the Spartan that had just joined them. "Any ideas?"
Back to top Go down
Anno 'R
Watcher
Watcher
Anno 'R

PostSubject: Re: Halo Legacy   Halo Legacy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 4:46 pm

Chris-107:

"Five miles? There's a weapons factory five miles to the north," I replied. "Seems like it would be a prime target for these Fist bastards."

I reloaded my rifle in preparation.
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo Legacy   Halo Legacy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 4:50 pm

"Worth a shot."
The three Spartan x's reloaded and checked there equipment over.

Together the four of them made there way north to the weapons factory.
"So... your a two eh?"

Last edited by Alice Greene on Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anno 'R
Watcher
Watcher
Anno 'R

PostSubject: Re: Halo Legacy   Halo Legacy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 4:55 pm

"Yes," I said simply. It looked like the Fist forces were starting to thin out. We hadn't seen any of them in a while now.
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo Legacy   Halo Legacy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 5:07 pm

"Must've been cool... seeing Reach back in its glory days, the Matt says it was one hell of a place, beautiful even."

The building started to come into view and sure enough, there was heavy enemy activity surrounding the facility.
"Alright Spartans, get your dancing shoes on and grab a partner."
The three Spartans turned invisible.
"Be as covert as possible mister two... we like surprising there bitch asses."
Back to top Go down
PredAlienHybrid
Admin
PredAlienHybrid

PostSubject: Re: Halo Legacy   Halo Legacy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 8:44 pm

James smirked as he watched the the long-range shots fire.

"Some people might think yous was compensating for something..."

James suddenly took off with a sprint down the hill, rushing a squad that was trudging up. With the safety off he unloaded several bursts into the grunts, their bioluminscent blood staining the ground. The Elite fired a few bursts from his plasma rifle, the plasma striking his shields, but it was already too late. James leapt and tackled the Elite to the ground, punching it once in the face before taking out his knife and slicing open it's throat.

"Me? I perfer the up-close kill..." James chuckled and popped a fresh magazine into his rifle.

He walked off, rifle raised for more targets. The Elite gurgled and spat, drowning in it's own purple blood.

Back to top Go down
TombKing31
Watcher
Watcher
TombKing31

PostSubject: Re: Halo Legacy   Halo Legacy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 9:06 pm

Regerus:

I slammed my fist on the table in front of me, the monitor twitching slightly. The monitor seemed to be speaking different languages, occasionally hitting a wall when it floated.

"Dammit!" I flung my hand in the air, "get this thing to the cargo, keep it safe."

The Brutes gathered around me, including Titanus. My hand clasped my head as I sat on the throne of my ship, "any...suggestions?" They muttered among each other, throwing out suggestions, usually ending with me grunting at the idea.

"What if we find an installation with this thing?" Titanus spoke up, "we would be able to repair it somehow at one of it's homes, it has to be the monitor of one of these installations. All we have to do is get it to share it's information," he grinned at the thought.

My thoughts pondered on it, finally I gave way, "very well, take it to the phantom, make sure it gets to Doisac safely, back to the Chieftains. They'll know what to do...but for now..." my hand flickered pressing a button; two of my Brute bodyguards came in dragging in an Elite.

"It's time for you to squeal."

On New Madrigal

The battle still rages on in this planet, the Elites vs the Humans, but out of the chaos a huge assault carrier, Intent of War, plundered through, carving one of the Elite cruisers in half before entering the atmosphere. The titanic ship hovered above the battle field, casting a shadow over the battlefield. The Brute assault carrier had finally found a battle full of humans and elites.

Back to top Go down
PredAlienHybrid
Admin
PredAlienHybrid

PostSubject: Re: Halo Legacy   Halo Legacy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 9:58 pm

Titanus:

I saw the surface of the planet from the bridge, grinning wickedly to myself.

"Humans AND Elites? To what do we owe the delicious pleasure?" I licked my lips, chuckling. "I can taste them already..."

At once I decended from the bridge with my pack, which contained my two body guards and a small group of captains. Walking into the hanger, I boarded my Phantom in preparations for a ground operation. I walked up to the cock-pit and pressed a button, signalling Ragerus on the comm.

"So, Chieftain... Where are we off to first? Which lambs to the slaughter?"
Back to top Go down
Anno 'R
Watcher
Watcher
Anno 'R

PostSubject: Re: Halo Legacy   Halo Legacy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 2:43 pm

Before we headed in, I took a quick glance up. The Fist's fleet was in ruin, as far as I could tell. Numerous blue explosions were visible in the sky, a sure sign that the terrorist faction's attack had been ill-fated.

Well, no time to dwell on success, time to thin out the remaining Fist ground forces.

I crouched, avoiding the line of enemy sight as I moved through several rocky outcroppings. The Fist elites were, so far, completely unaware of our arrival. The few Grunts that remained seemed very anxious, at least by their jittery movements.

I figured they were probably wishing they'd gone with the rest of the Elites, as opposed to these terrorist bastards.

I continued to move in. There was a, presumably low-ranking, Fist Elite with his back facing me. I decided I better make this quick.

I sprung up and slammed the butt of my MA5C into its spine. There was a pop as its shields failed, and the pop of its spinal column snapping. The Elite fell forward with a thud. I was about to get back to cover, when a glob of green plasma laced past my face.

"So much for stealth," I muttered, rounding on the Grunt who had fired it and opening up on the small alien, tearing its front apart with gunfire. A few shot impacted on my shields, but nothing to get worried about yet.

The other Fist around took notice, and started firing on me. I returned fire, and started making my way back to cover, when a swordin-wielding Elite charged towards me. I opened fire on it, but it was on me in a second, and smacked my rifle away before slamming me into a rock and popping my shields. It held its sword poised above me in one hand, and my throat in the other.

Its sword went towards my hand, and I grabbed its wrist and pulled, forcing the sword to the side so that it would embed itself in the rock beside my head. I punched it as hard as I could, popping its shields. Using its temporary disorientation against it, I grabbed its arm holding my throat as tightly as I could and pushed up with enough force to flip a tank. The Elite's arm snapped, and he dropped me. I snatched my rifle off the ground as my shields recharged and emptied the remainder of the current clip into its head.
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo Legacy   Halo Legacy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 3:38 pm

Matt:
"Well... things just got interesting." He said casually, glancing up at the sky as a new threat arrived, tearing clean through one of the Elite's ships.
"Phoenix team, fall in! Double time. A new problem just came and shit on our lawn... we're regrouping at a munitions plant five clicks south of our position, Panther will meet us there."
"Panther team." Frank chirped.
"That's what I said... spotted them down there and that's where there going."
Frank nodded and fell in line with the others.
Matt looked down at the ODST, holding his hand out for her and helping her up.
"Get on my back."
He felt eyes on him as soon as he said it.
"You'll slow us down... we're moving double time and your as human as any other marine... we're faster and I out rank you... back... now."
He knelt down, allowing her to climb on and wrapping his arms around her legs.

Robert:
Picking up Rachel and the others on the infrared, Panther team sprinted full speed for the building.
"Rach... you guys alright."
Rachel ducked as burst of plasma tore through the open window.
"Pinned down but alright... glad to see you guys made it one piece... we got a bigger problem though. Big ass ship just arrived... might be brutes."
Robert nodded. "One thing at a time Rach."

Last edited by Alice Greene on Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TombKing31
Watcher
Watcher
TombKing31

PostSubject: Re: Halo Legacy   Halo Legacy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 4:42 pm

Vrenn

I grunted, looking around more alert now, "Flood? I have a bad feeling about this area."

Looking around to see if there was any clues I looked at the others, "I guess the only thing to do is keep going? What shall we do?"

Richards

The shadow loomed over us, classification Super Carrier, big trouble. I had to concentrate on the task at hand, we had to destroy the radar jammer quickly. I motioned to Charlie, "get the bomb ready, we'll need to rush this," he nodded lugging out the bomb from the pelican before attaching it to his back.

"Let's move out!"

Regerus

Looking down, I noticed all the humans and elites stopping momentarily to notice the huge ship that slipspaced in. I grinned, and grabbed my weaponry, making my way towards the drop pods. Looking at Titanus, "we're going to cause some mayhem, we're going through the drop pods.

My two bodyguards and a small pack of specialized brutes came and we all entered the large drop pod. The other thousands of packs, grunts, and jackals entered through phantoms. We activated the code, and soon enough we were shot out, piercing through all the yells, gunfire, and explosions.

The pod slowed as it landed with a thump, the doors slid open with the shield doors protecting us from gunfire. When they had to reload we burst out into the heat of the battle.
Back to top Go down
PredAlienHybrid
Admin
PredAlienHybrid

PostSubject: Re: Halo Legacy   Halo Legacy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 6:14 pm

Soren glanced between Vrenn and Anno, nodding as he agreed with both statements.

"We'll deal with the parasite if that is the case, but the recording did say they managed to lock this place down in time..." His voice drifted as if he was thinking about something, but he quickly pushed the thought away and looked back at the others. "We shall press on, the artifacts we may find here will almost be valuable as the answers that hide here"

Soren looked down at his gauntlet. A small, holographic image of one of his zealots, Ouranos, had materialized.

"Report. Has the jungle been cleared?" Soren asked, starting to sound a little impatient.

If Ouranos had noticed, he didn't show it. "Yes, Commander. We have detected no hostiles during our scan"

"Good, return to my location at once. We're moving."

Ouranos placed his fist over his chest and bowed his head as the image disappeared. Soren turned to the Monitor.

"Oracle, have you managed to find the location of the temple we seek?"

-

James watched the Spartan X's dashed away. Chuckling, he switched onto their radio.

"Hey, she looks nice and cozy up there doesn't she?"

Suddenly his laughing stopped as he saw the massive shadow over head. He turned and saw the Super Carrier, and a wide grin spread under his helmet.

"Well, what do we have here?"

He watched as Phantoms disengaged from the carrier, it was like an invading army. Quickly, he turned and sprinted in a different direction then the others, diving into a large, nearby building.

"Looks like things just got a little more interesting..."

-

Titanus grinned as his drop pod hit the ground, instantly leaping out into the fray when the doors opened. Despite the small arms fire that flared up my shields, I intentionally rushed past several humans to get to my prey, an Elite. He looked at me with terror in his eyes, and with one powerful swing from his hammer he smashed the smaller alien into the ground, laughing with delight.

"Yes! First kill of battle and it's Sangheili flesh on my hammer!"

He watched as his pack caught up to him, a wicked, evil grin on his face. "Come, my brethren! Let us feast on the spoils of war!"

They all howled in agreement, and the chieftain turned his attention to a group of Spartans running towards something. Titanus's grin widened, and he glanced back at his pack.

"Now we'll taste the flesh of demons... Come!"

The Jiralhanae all sprinted in the same direction as the spartans.

Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo Legacy   Halo Legacy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 6:28 pm

Matts long range radar pinged. "Double time Spartans! We got company and my guess is they already set the table."
"Brutes?" Jennifer chirped.
"Exactly... we'll stand a better chance once we join the others, the munitions plant is just over this ridge."

Once over the ridge, the battle near the plant was heating up.
Both Brutes and Elites clashing... his Spartans caught in the middle.
Back to top Go down
TombKing31
Watcher
Watcher
TombKing31

PostSubject: Re: Halo Legacy   Halo Legacy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 7:14 pm

My hammer connected with the head of an unfortunate elite, sending the corpse flying. The next enemy met the blade of my hammer as it gutted the soldier, instantly killing him.

My attention turned to a group of demons who had just appeared on the ridge. I grinned and made my way towards there, also noticing that Titanus was following behind.
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Halo Legacy   Halo Legacy - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 7:22 pm

Robert

"Cover fire now! Matt's over there!" The six Spartans and the Spartan II opened fire in the pack of brutes that were advancing on Matt and the others.

OOC: there on the second floor of the minitions plant btw

Last edited by Alice Greene on Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo Legacy   Halo Legacy - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halo Legacy
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next