Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Marvel: Blood and Poison

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

Marvel: Blood and Poison - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel: Blood and Poison   Marvel: Blood and Poison - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 8:56 pm

It didn't take long for Ray to fall asleep, hell we'd only just gotten moving.
The sun would be rising soon and I wanted to as much distance as possible between us and the city. Classic rock playing through the aged car speakers as we moved along the lonely roads outside of San Francisco.
"So you're telling me that a blind guy who is also a lawyer got Wilson imprisoned?"
My clone nodded to confirm. "Yes. Matthew Murdock and the other Defenders have done a lot of work in Hell's Kitchen over the past year."
"Jeez don't I feel inadequate."

Little conversations like that popped up during the drive. Political landscape was still a shit show. New president, same shit. Things were still tough for enhanced and mutants alike.

On the other side of Sacramento, we made a stop for gas. Roughly an hour and a half into hour six hour journey. I would be guessing the entire way with a busted fuel gauge.
Between the cash the Ray and the Clone had however, I figured we could make it no problem.
"Where are we going anyways?" She asked in a hushed voice from the back of the car.
"If I tell you, I'd have to kill you." I couldn't help but laugh a little. How cheesy.

Truth is, I don't even know if the place exists anymore. I mean sure it would still be there. But its the people, my Uncle, that make this such a haven in a lost sea of doubt.

The sun was rising as we got back on the road. More classic rock. More random questions. What happened to Badger? Not even Epsilon knows that apparently. My apartment? Destroyed. Shit.

The car was overheating big time as we rolled through Tahoe City. I'd probably enjoy the scenery more if it wasn't for this piece of shit car. With a secluded spot down by the lake, I decided it was best that we let the car cool down and stretch our legs. Ray was still out cold but who knows with him.
Lake Tahoe was beautiful this time of year. The trees had just grown out a fresh set of leaves. I couldn't help but think back to the last time I was through here chasing down Epsilon leads.
"What will you do to me when I'm no longer useful?" The question was sudden like a razor. But the way she said it, you couldn't help but feel sorry for her. Sure she was a clone but she was still a person. Still me.
"I don't know. Kill you. Maybe. Would that be suicide or murder?"
I didn't get much out of her after that
Back to top Go down

Marvel: Blood and Poison
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2