Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Las Crónicas de Los Muertos

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

Las Crónicas de Los Muertos Empty
PostSubject: Las Crónicas de Los Muertos   Las Crónicas de Los Muertos I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 1:05 pm

WARNING: This rp contains mature content.

Chicago, Illinois
July 23rd 2010
12:07pm EST

Reports of an explosion at the CDC in Chicago proved false. But the threat proved to be very real.
Shortly after emergency personel declared the site safe, the last team of HAZMAT workers disappeared on there way back up to the surface. Another team was sent in. The last contact recieved from team two was this.
"Everything is normal, no sign of... wait... i see th-oh my god!"
~Silence~
"Team two do you copy?"
~Silence~
"Team two respond."

After it was confirmed that both teams were now lost. Chicago PD sent in a SWAT team.
By time the team was ready to enter, it was too late.
The hours following this event were that of pure panic. Riots. Murders.
The city was out of control.
Thos who made it out were lucky enough to do so. But even those who got out of the city weren't safe yet.
Anyone who had come in contact with the what are now known as "Walkers", "Stenches" or simply just zombies would contract the virus that was in the CDC would carry it out of the city.

The virus spread, and soon the entire United States was in a full blown pandemic. Borders to Canada and Mexico were closed, flights out of the country were cancelled indefinitely and those that were in the air already were taken down by the US Air Force. Every measure was taken to prevent this pandemic, this apocalypse, from leaving US soil. But it got out, slowly.
Mexico fell first, Canada followed shortly after.
By January of 2011, the entire North American continent was lost to the pandemic.

Those "lucky" to survive to see the new year would be fighting everyday to see the following day.
Nowhere was safe for long. Cities became war zones, small towns became massacres.
Large groups formed factions. Much like the street gangs of the "old world", they would fight eachother to survive, fight for land, food, shelter and even women.

The smaller groups were often caught in the crossfire or merged with one of the larger factions in order to survive.

In Chicago alone there are two main groups of survivors. The Muerto Asesinos or Dead Killers and The Resistance.
The Dead Killers reside in the heart of Chicago, calling city hall there home.
The Resistance, who's founder and leader was a fan of the Terminator movies, reside in the industrial area of Chicago.

The two groups are constantly fighting eachother as often as they are with the zombies.

This is the tale of a small group of survivors, who despite the odds, overcome everything the "new world" throws at them.

This, is The Chronicles of The Dead.
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Las Crónicas de Los Muertos   Las Crónicas de Los Muertos I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 12:09 am

IC:

It was getting harder and harder to drive through the streets with each passing day.
Sure, the cold kept the Walkers away for the most part. But it was driving that was the real nightmare.
Even with all wheel drive and chains on the tires, theres only soo much you can do with an ambulance.

Alex seemed to be enjoying himself, music on the radio. It was his turn. Picked Rooster by Alice In Chains. A favourite between the two of us for as long as I could remember.
Alex was a cop, I was a paramedic. He got what he wanted. I tried for the force but didn't make the cut.
That weapons training sure comes in handy now though.

"Hey Jake... we gotta pick up some supplies soon man, runnin low on canned shit and I think the hot plate is dying"
Great, the oil pump last week. Now our hot plate is dying.
"Alright. Lets find somewhere up in this mall then."
Back to top Go down
TombKing31
Watcher
Watcher
TombKing31

PostSubject: Re: Las Crónicas de Los Muertos   Las Crónicas de Los Muertos I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 12:56 am

The snow seemed to give an almost surreal feel to the city now. I had been roaming the outer rim of the city, most of the inhabitants were stuck in the middle districts of the cities, where the heavy infections were...I tried to stay my keep away from those parts of town.

The snow had been piling up for several days now, fortunately my truck was able to force it's way through, I tried to maintain keep back at the department. Guess nobody found use for our station so I had barely made my own new home there.

"I'll make a few passes around before making my way home I guess....damn zombies are gonna be coming around soon anyway."
Back to top Go down
https://divnoidstudios.forumotion.net
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Las Crónicas de Los Muertos   Las Crónicas de Los Muertos I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 10:51 am

The mall was no good, more walkers then we had ammo or energy for.
The 7-Eleven across the street proved to be good enough.

"Alright, check the pumps... I'll check inside." Pulling the slide back on my Beretta, I pulled the door open. Quiet... too quiet. A few shelves were still stocked so I grabbed what I could and went back outside. "You know, its kinda weird stealing when a cop is nearby."
"No cops anymore... we're just folk tryin to survive." He always had a way of putting things, a way that made you feel good about what your doing or what you've done.
"Well... I put this stuff away, grab some more then we'll call it a night."
Alex nodded and went inside. Gunshots a few seconds later.
"Fuck!" Dropping what I was doing, i grabbed his shotgun and ran inside. Two walkers on the ground, Alex with his M9 raised, scanning. I pumped the shotgun.
"Where did they come from?"
"Came from the back... looks like they worked here, we should get going... damn things probably heard the shots."
Back to top Go down
TombKing31
Watcher
Watcher
TombKing31

PostSubject: Re: Las Crónicas de Los Muertos   Las Crónicas de Los Muertos I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 2:26 pm

The last drop of gasoline fell into the bucket, I tried to squeeze a little more before giving up.

"Looks like this'll have to do for now...."

I walked back to the truck placing the contained of gasoline next to the other one I'd scrounged around for. The snow seemed to lighten up a little, enough for better visibility. I closed the trunk and made my way around before noticing Grabber, it was all covered in snow, but it still made it's way toward me. Swinging my crossbow I aimed and fired, the bolt ramming straight into the corpses' decaying skull.

I scouted around my truck to make sure there weren't anymore....and there where within dangers reach. Quickly, I retrieved the bolt from the Grabber's head and got back into my truck before hearing a few gunshots, a bit aways from my location. Normally it would have probably been muffled, but the dead silence of winter (and the fact that the population was enormously dropped) carried the sound.

"Looks like I ain't the only one..."
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Las Crónicas de Los Muertos   Las Crónicas de Los Muertos I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 5:32 pm

Just as Alex expected, three more walkers were outside.
"God... look how slow they are, never thought I'd be thankful for all this snow."
Neither of us bothered wasting the ammo on them. We finished grabbing what we needed and got back in the ambulance.

Just as we got in, a small swarm of walkers had gathered around us.
"Fuck..." Was all I could say.
Back to top Go down
TombKing31
Watcher
Watcher
TombKing31

PostSubject: Re: Las Crónicas de Los Muertos   Las Crónicas de Los Muertos I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:26 pm

Getting in the car I noticed a small group of walkers lumbering down the street. They normally didn't walk around in this number unless there was something of worth. They hadn't noticed my truck, the red paint being covered by the snow, and the fact they couldn't see me anyway.

I turned the ignition and slowly pulled out going around the block on the other side. I took the left and stopped at the end of the street looking for anybody of notice. The snow had covered up a lot of visibility, but I noticed red streaks covering something, most likely a car. My vision cleared and I could notice the very faint silhouettes of the grabbers and the people in the ambulance. I didn't want to go towards them and attract more, instead I quickly turned my siren lights on, without the sound, every 15 seconds, hoping to grab their attention.
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Las Crónicas de Los Muertos   Las Crónicas de Los Muertos I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 9:35 am

Through the windshield I spotted the faint flash of lights, fire truck lights.
"You see that?"
Alex shook his head. "Man, I can't see shit through all this snow."
I pointed in the general direction just as they flashed again.
"Shit! Yeah I see 'em."
I flahed my siren lights on in response, hoping that who ever was out there would see them.
Back to top Go down
TombKing31
Watcher
Watcher
TombKing31

PostSubject: Re: Las Crónicas de Los Muertos   Las Crónicas de Los Muertos I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 9:13 pm

My eyes had spotted the flashes, my heart swelled with excitement. I would not be alone this day, hopefully. My truck lurched forward as I pressed the gas pedal; the firetruck moved faster than I expected. As I tried to stop the wheels stuck, but the ice kept the momentum. The red truck slammed into a Block Buster, the glass shattered and the DVDs flew out of place. The wall on the other side seized my truck my head swinging forward before getting hit back by the airbags.

My mind started to blank out before I got swung back into reality. Quickly I kicked the car door open, jumping out with my small rucksack. Opening one of the compartment doors, I snatched the rest of my baggage and gas and quickly ran away from the truck. When it had crashed the sirens had erupted into a broken down noise, if I'd stay there the zombies would be attracted to this area. Silently I crept to the Ambulance, the zombies starting to move towards the sound; as they started to leave I waved my arms around to get the attention of the people inside.
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Las Crónicas de Los Muertos   Las Crónicas de Los Muertos I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:36 am

Everything was going alright until the firetruck looked like it slid on some ice then crashed, the walkers that were surrounding us in the ambilance moved to this new sound.

"Shit man, we gotta help him."

Just as we were getting ready to get out there was a knock at the back doors, too precise to be a walker.

"Thats our guy, cover the front."

I crawled into the back, over the mess that was our sleeping area in the back area and got to the doors.

"You alright out there friend? Been bit at all?" I called out to him. Hoping we'd have the first survivor in over two months.
Back to top Go down
TombKing31
Watcher
Watcher
TombKing31

PostSubject: Re: Las Crónicas de Los Muertos   Las Crónicas de Los Muertos I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 4:14 pm

I threw my gear in the back and jumped in quickly, wiping any snow off me.

"No bite marks of any kind, just been me myself and I."

I closed the door behind me, catching my breath before I turned. Taking off my gloves I stuck out my hand for a shake, "the names George, was a fire-fighter before the shit hit the fan."
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Las Crónicas de Los Muertos   Las Crónicas de Los Muertos I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 4:19 pm

"Jacob, nice to see a fellow uniform made it in this mess."
I took his hand, shook firmly.
"Alex is up front, Chicago PD, I am... was, an paramedic. My rig ain't much but she's home."
Back to top Go down
TombKing31
Watcher
Watcher
TombKing31

PostSubject: Re: Las Crónicas de Los Muertos   Las Crónicas de Los Muertos I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 4:24 pm

"I see you've made some space here, got some medical equipment too."

I took in the setting before continuing, "having seen anything like this for a while besides my old truck..." My eyes caught the zombies surrounding the truck, more feathering in.

"We should probably be heading out, and don't worry about gas for now, I've managed to bring some of my own," I put down the canisters containing it on the side.
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Las Crónicas de Los Muertos   Las Crónicas de Los Muertos I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 4:37 pm

"Alex, you heard the man. Lets get the hell out of here."
Alex eased the ambulance back out onto the street, the snowstorm was letting up now so visibility was increasing slowly.
"Theres a parking building about a mile from here where we've been camping out, Gives us good cover against walkers plus the high ground is a plus."
Back to top Go down
TombKing31
Watcher
Watcher
TombKing31

PostSubject: Re: Las Crónicas de Los Muertos   Las Crónicas de Los Muertos I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 4:59 pm

"Alright, sounds fine to me."

The truck shook as it drove over heavy piles of snow and debris, and possibly corpses. Before going into deep thought I looked up to ask a question, "have you guys thought about moving out of the city? I was going to, but I was worried about going out alone, I mean the city is almost filled with these buggers."
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Las Crónicas de Los Muertos   Las Crónicas de Los Muertos I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:26 pm

I didn't answer right away. A few long, silent minutes passed before I did.
"Its crossed my mind... we've been trying to find more survivors first, this winter hasn't helped."
The vehicle started to slow. "Home sweet home, somebody get the gate."
Without a word, I got out and unlocked the gate. Swinging it open so Alex could drive in.
"Make yourself at home George, don't mind Jake... lost his lady to these bastards."
Back to top Go down
TombKing31
Watcher
Watcher
TombKing31

PostSubject: Re: Las Crónicas de Los Muertos   Las Crónicas de Los Muertos I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:32 pm

"The feeling..." I packed my gear and got ready to leave the ambulance.

"Any news you guys might want to update me? Also where do you want me to put this gas, their all almost filled."
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Las Crónicas de Los Muertos   Las Crónicas de Los Muertos I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 7:01 pm

"Leave it in there for now... and no, haven't heard shit for awhile. We were in contact with a group of survivors but we haven't heard from them in almsot two weeks now so there likely long gone."
Alex and I unpacked some of the supplies from the back of the ambulance while we talked with George.
"I'm on watch first, be easier with one more set of eyes."
Back to top Go down
TombKing31
Watcher
Watcher
TombKing31

PostSubject: Re: Las Crónicas de Los Muertos   Las Crónicas de Los Muertos I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 7:45 pm

"Alright then, I'll unpack," first night would be a little easier, more survivors means more protections. Getting supplies would be easier too.

"Well then, I haven't had a good sleep in a long while, tell me when it's my turn for watch."
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Las Crónicas de Los Muertos   Las Crónicas de Los Muertos I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 2:49 pm

With my winter gear on I grabbed a hunting rifle and went down to the first floor to check the proximity sensors Alex had rigged up. They were linked to a laptop in the back of the ambulance. Once they were set I checked the front gate then made my way through each floor.

"Soo... you were a firefighter eh? I thought about it but my dad was a cop so I decided why the hell not ya know?"
Back to top Go down
TombKing31
Watcher
Watcher
TombKing31

PostSubject: Re: Las Crónicas de Los Muertos   Las Crónicas de Los Muertos I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 6:24 pm

"Yup, I thought it'd be nice to do this city a service. Pretty crazy city man, especially now..."

I got out a couple of ingredients, Salt Peter, baking soda, sugar, and a canister of red dye. Placing them in order I turned back to Alex showing him the items, "have you ever made smoke bombs before?"
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Las Crónicas de Los Muertos   Las Crónicas de Los Muertos I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 6:31 pm

"Nah, never had to. SWAT had the smoke grenades and we had the tear gas for riots but thats about it."

I soon made it to the roof, scanning over the edge of each side for walkers. "Its quiet..." I said to myself. "Too quiet..."
Back to top Go down
TombKing31
Watcher
Watcher
TombKing31

PostSubject: Re: Las Crónicas de Los Muertos   Las Crónicas de Los Muertos I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 6:59 pm

"Well....it's a might trick it is; was just checking to see if we had any. I'll show you how to later, it's useful as hell."

I threw the ingredients back in the bag, the only sound after was the wind blowing through the snow, the soft whistling calming to a hell induced world.

"Is it usually not this quiet? I never noticed I was always in my truck..."
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Las Crónicas de Los Muertos   Las Crónicas de Los Muertos I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 7:06 pm

"If Jake spots anything, he'll let us know... got a bad feeling about tonight." He looked around a little nervously, his hand instinctively on the pistol holstered in his belt. "Proximity sensors should pick up anything that manages to get in anyways... so go ahead and get some sleep man."

Making my way back down to the bottom floor again, it was still abnormally quiet. The only sound being the wind as it whistled through the building.
"Way to fucking quiet..."

Back to top Go down
TombKing31
Watcher
Watcher
TombKing31

PostSubject: Re: Las Crónicas de Los Muertos   Las Crónicas de Los Muertos I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 9:38 pm

I went ahead and went to sleep, the wind chilling up my spine before I pulled my blanket over. Nightmares occasionally haunted me during the precious hours that was hard to come across during these times.

I awoke with a startle, sweat beading down my neck. Another night of rest plagued by nightmares; at least my weariness was drained and my energy back up. Taking a glance at my watch, I'd gotten a good 7 hours of sleep, a luxury I don't normally get.

The wind was still whistling through and the quietness was still lingering. Getting up I walked around to stretch my legs, "anybody in here?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Las Crónicas de Los Muertos   Las Crónicas de Los Muertos I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Las Crónicas de Los Muertos
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next