Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Marvel: Civil War

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17
AuthorMessage
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

Marvel: Civil War - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel: Civil War   Marvel: Civil War - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 11:21 am

I couldn't help but smile as he held me, even blushing a little as he helped.
"Well... I... I kinda wanted to start working out... not used to being so inactive like this."
We both walked slowly down the halls, Ray holding me up.
"You two are rather cute together you know that?"
I blushed deep red. "Sis... shut it..."
She giggled. "Just making an observation is all."
"Well observe to yourself... bad enough your stuck in my head for the rest of my life..."
"Now that's just mean, besides you love me anyways."
"Yeah... beside the point though... just... keep it to yourself..."
"Fine... but only cause you asked nicely." She giggled again and went silent.

The two of us we're quiet for a good while, walking down the empty halls. It was a little cold, didn't help that I was barely wearing anything. A pair of torn jeans and a white tank top covered in dried blood didn't help at all.
We eventually found our way to what could be considered a small gym. It was very well equipped.
"Well, you gonna sit there and watch me?" I grinned playfully as I looked up at him.
Back to top Go down
PredAlienHybrid
Admin
PredAlienHybrid

PostSubject: Re: Marvel: Civil War   Marvel: Civil War - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 3:42 pm

The walk had been long and peaceful, something I had been in desperate need for the longest time. I didn't know what to make of myself lately, my inside felt like they had been used a jungle gym and my head was pounding with so many questions I found it hard to resist the urge smack it against the solid wall. But while there were conflicts raging internally, there was also a feeling of calmness and serenity now. Perhaps it was being in the peacefulness of Ashley's presence? Whatever it was, it had the symbiote calm enough. I could feel it now, crawling around inside me, inside us. That's what we were, after all, one body now and two minds. At any rate I pushed those thoughts and focused on what was in front of me.

"Thinkin' about it..." I replied sheepishly, glancing around the small gym we had come across. The thought working out wasn't entirely appealing to my exhausted bones, and yet there was that more primal part of my brain that seemed to perk up at the thought of exercise. That's what it wants, I thought to myself, understanding its need to feed on the adrenalin of my body. It wasn't the most pleasant of thoughts, but it was harmless if a little exercise was all it wanted.

I walked over and found a fifty pound dumbbell and lifted it up with ease. Despite the obvious it felt relatively light in my hand, heavy enough to only put a minor strain on my bicep muscles. I stood there for a while, weighing the object in my fingers. Whether it was the exhaustion or some other outside influence, I seemed very quiet and out of it before I finally looked back at her and gave a small smile.
"Can't remember the last time I did this kind of exercising..." I said with a faint chuckle, looking back towards the normally heavy piece of equipment I held on the tips of my fingers.

Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Marvel: Civil War   Marvel: Civil War - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 6:04 pm

I'd watched him the longest time, completely blanked out. Its was when he finally looked back, a small smile on his lips that I snapped out of it, blushing a little in the process.
"I... yeah... Its nice to relax... not have to worry 'bout killing stuff..." Still quite stiff from the dried blood, I pulled my no longer whit tank top off. Running my fingers of the scar on my stomach. "I really almost died didn't I..." It was quiet for a long moment before I shook my head slightly, getting the thoughts out of my head.

I walked over and picked up two twenty-five pound dumbbells, not wanting to push myself yet. A soft sigh escaped my lips as I watched the muscles bunch and release, bunch and release. Falling into the rhythm, right up left down, right down left up. "I can't remember the last time I've worked out either... feels rather nice... calming almost."
Back to top Go down
TombKing31
Watcher
Watcher
TombKing31

PostSubject: Re: Marvel: Civil War   Marvel: Civil War - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 4:25 pm

The room became empty as the others made their way towards the gym. It was hard to concentrate on anything with the events that had occurred these past few days. The whirlpool of thoughts just taking me out of any good mood I had been in. Maybe working out in the gym was a better idea than just sitting around doing nothing. With a sigh, I got up and made my way towards, what I considered, the "Recreational Area".

The halls were darkly lit, giving a different feel to the place. It was like being isolated from the rest of the world, only tidbits of information coming in. Never the less, it was almost a necessity to keep low, especially if they were going to start rounding up masked heroes. Just the thought of that gave me chills up my spine. This wasn't the best way to handle the current situation.

As I approached the recreational area, the thoughts I was pondering on fleeted my mind. Punching bags and weights were lined up against the walls leaving a large opening in the middle. It was a good enough place as any to work out and exercise.

Ashley and Ray were already here, fiddling and working out with the weights. I did a quick wave to them before I started working light on the punching back. Loud snapping noises filling up the work, careful to try and not have the bag fly off its hinges.
Back to top Go down
https://divnoidstudios.forumotion.net
PredAlienHybrid
Admin
PredAlienHybrid

PostSubject: Re: Marvel: Civil War   Marvel: Civil War - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 12:42 pm

"Calming... Yeah..." I whispered faintly, still twirling the dumbbell in my fingers. Finally I snapped the weight into my grip and slowly lifted it up and down, using it for what it was made for. Admittingly it did feel a tad soothing, just to set yourself to a rhythm and following it.

I hadn't answered when she mentioned nearly dying, mostly because my mind was still very fuzzy from that night. All I could remember was the blind fighting, and the feeling of blows being sent and received. There were the occasional flashes, but nothing I could've pieced together on my own. One of Badger's pals had filled me in on the details; it wasn't easy to hear. I pushed the thoughts out of my head again, however, as watched as Badger entered the exercise area as well. The sight of him seemed to trigger that other side of me again...the alien recognized him. For a moment my face almost seemed to convulse, and a ripple seemed to surge through my shirt which acted as a disguise for the symbiote. However the feeling passed soon, far sooner than I expected before feeling normal again.

The thought of the three of us being in here now made me chuckle quietly to myself, considering all that was going on. "Together again, huh?" I said to the both of them, a small smile reappearing on my face again.
Back to top Go down
TombKing31
Watcher
Watcher
TombKing31

PostSubject: Re: Marvel: Civil War   Marvel: Civil War - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 6:40 pm

"Been a quite a bit since we were together like this," I continued to work in combos on the bag, "but this ain't the end of it just yet." It seemed like hours, as I moved on from the bag, to weights, and then running. The workouts I did always seemed to put an odd calm in me, making me forget about some of the big events happening in the world. Soon, I was brought back into that reality as Karov came in.

He walked into the room, greeting everyone before moving closer to Ashley. "Hey, I had made a shipment a while ago for you and Ghoul. I'd figured getting it soon, but I've been way to busy." He sighed, taking out a map with a large red circle over the docks. "That is where the crate is, you'll have to search for it. It's in one of the large containers closest to the USS New York. But, you'll have to be careful, thugs aren't always the problem there." Karov put his hands in his pockets before walking away, "Just pick it up when it's most convenient."

I waved to the Russian, before finishing my final workout. Damn, there was that freakin' Registration Act going on too.

"Ashley, I'd suggest you take a lot more care when going out there. Try not to be seen or do anything stupid."
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Marvel: Civil War   Marvel: Civil War - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 7:34 pm

I nodded and gave everyone a sweet and innocent smile. "Me? Do something stupid? You must have me confused with someone else." Getting some exercise had given me a real boost, both physically and mentally. I giggled softly as I got up. "I've got some casual wear I can put on, maybe clean myself up a bit. Stuff like that." I walked over to Ray and kissed his cheek. "Try to stay out of trouble okay?" He nodded. "You too Ash." I smiled. "You know me, I'm an angel." He chuckled softly.
I did a dramatic spin, almost skipping as I left the room.

It took just under an hour for me to get ready. A nice twenty minute shower to get all the dried blood, dirt and sweat off me. I Got some fresh normal looking clothes on, a spare pair of my 'hero' outfit folded and put into a bag I'd take with me and even put on a bit of make-up to help blend in a little. Little bit of blush, some bold eye-liner and some lip gloss can do wonders, especially when your already as close to physical perfection as you can get. After slipping my lone Desert Eagle into the bag, I grabbed a set of keys to a discreet looking 2011 Ford Taurus.

"I'll be back in a bit Jake, thanks for getting my truck by the way." He smiled. "Anything for my... well... my only customer now." He chuckled. "I'm taking the Taurus, see ya later." I hopped in and got the car started, a brand new just off the lot Ford Taurus. Roomy, nice classy interior and with plenty of trunk space for the equipment I was picking up.

The sun was setting as I pulled out onto the street, the usual evening traffic greeting me. "God damn it... would've been faster to walk." As tempting as the idea was I decided to stick with driving. More convenient when you consider I'd be carrying a huge crate of guns back, that'll catch some attention. Air conditioning was a big plus as well.
Once out of the major congestion things started moving a little quicker.
"You know, you can talk. Just sayin." Chloe chuckled softly. "I'm still getting used to being stuck in here for... well forever really." I nodded, saying nothing for a few minutes.

"So you know anything about what I'm getting?"
"Not really, just what Karov told you. He's right too, docks are a haven for thugs."
"What place isn't, its New York after all."
"Good point."
"Just watch my back alright?"
"Always Ashy."
I smiled.

It took about an hour total to get to the outer gates for the docks. The docks had become heavily guarded as of recently, playing it Karov's way I used the identification he gave me to get through the gates. "So far so good." I took a cruise around the area before heading towards the USS New York. The area was quiet, the rather calming smell of the Hudson River filled the air. After a quick scout of the immediate area I started looking for the crate. Karov said it would be marked, I'd know it when I saw it.

I had to stop. Five minutes into my search, I hid and turned invisible. I thought maybe it was a security guard making his rounds but there's was nothing there. "Jump at my own shadow..." After a few minutes I resumed my search. After another ten minutes going by before I once again had to stop. Taking cover and vanishing again.
"This is getting annoying Chloe, you sense anything?"
"No... theres something but I have no idea. Probably just me."
"Great... something's following me and your having supernatural issues."

Staying invisible, I kept looking. Another three minutes going by until I found that crate. Marked with a trident. "Well I'd know tha-" A hard impact to the back of my head and everything went black.

Last edited by Alice Greene on Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Marvel: Civil War   Marvel: Civil War - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 8:36 pm

"Ashy? Come on... wake up..."
Slowly, I blinked my eyes open. My head throbbing from what or who ever had hit me.
"Son of a fuck.... god that hurt"
"Good, you're awake. I hope I didn't hit you too hard, but I had little choice. So rare to find someone with such beauty and grace these days."
With my vision slowly starting to focus, I could see the blurred outline of someone walking around me.
"You see, most run in fear when they see me. Any of my kind really. I couldn't be sure if you were here to take from my hunting grounds"
Hunting... wait what? This was getting weirder by the second. I felt a cold hand on my cheek, instinctively flinching away from it.
"But now I see that you are not of my kind, I can't help but wonder how much more you could be if you were."
He brushed the hair out of my face, his cold fingers trailing down the side of my neck.
"You have... a strong heartbeat... your blood... its strong, can feel it flowing through your veins."
No. No way. "Just when I thought I'd seen it all... Nosferatu..."
He chuckled. "You catch on quickly my dear... yes..."
"What exactly do you want from me...?"
"Oh so much... so very much my dear"

It was sudden and it hurt like no other pain I've experienced, the burn of a vampires venom.
His fangs dug into the side of my neck, not to feed from me but to put his venom into my veins. To turn me. "FUCK!!" I managed to hold but was too much. Everything went black.

~An entire day would pass for the change to take place. Something the vampire didn't know of was happening in Ashley's body. The very serum that made her into the perfect assassin was fighting against the venom of the vampire. In the end it would prevent a full change, turning Ashley into what is only possible through natural birth. The creation of a Dhampir. Half vampire, half human. The venom that the serum couldn't fight off would end up bonding with the serum itself. Strengthening it. The result making Ashley even more deadly then she already is. Faster. Stronger. Vision and hearing enhanced beyond what believed to be possible.~

It was the following night, the burn long gone now. The change complete. I slowly blinked my eyes open, everything was clearer. Like watching a movie in 3D and HD all at once.
"Wha... fuck... what the fuck...?"
"Relax my dear. You've just gone through a transformation... an amazing one."
I sat up, watching him as he looked me over.
"What... I do wonder... what was in you before? A virus perhaps?"
"No. Just a serum."
He nodded. "That would explain it then... yes... you have become a Dhampir my dear. Through chemical reactions it would seem." He stroked my cheek. "I imagine that whatever abilities you had before will be much stronger now. Yes."
"That's all wonderful and all but if you don't mind I... I... fuck my throat..."
"It burns doesn't it, that's natural. You my dear need blood. You thirst for it don't you."
I could feel my fangs starting to come out, letting out a low growl.
"Yes. Stay within the docks but go. Go find your first victim."
A teasing smirk came to my lips. "You're cutting me loose just like that? A newborn?"
"Silly girl, I won't be far away. Not much you could do anyways, not unless you wish to attract more attention then you truly need."
"Fair enough." I got up, my body moving a little quicker then it should have.
"You are a remarkable one indeed. Much faster then I thought."
I grinned. "You haven't seen anything yet."

Last edited by Alice Greene on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Marvel: Civil War   Marvel: Civil War - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 9:25 pm

So here I was, standing outside the warehouse. Oblivious to anything else around me, zoned out would be the right way of putting it. The burn in my throat was the only thing in my mind now, the burning thirst for blood. The docks were crawling with various gang members, thugs and up to no good-doers. Despite all this activity I had a hard time picking a target. The blood just didn't appeal to me. Like I needed something different, stronger maybe.

It took a few minutes before finding what I wanted, it wasn't a gang member or thug. It was the very vampire that had changed me. "Well... that's interesting." A bitterness in my tone as I turned to face the warehouse. I could see him, his body tensed as if expecting this. A silent message passed between us at that very second, a signal. Within seconds he lowered into a defensive crouch, I growled softly in response. Sliding my tongue over my now visible fangs. Another second passed and he was sprinting at me, charging me.

I dodged clean, as I did he grabbed me. I hit the ground, followed through with a roll and got to my feet as he came back for more. I was ready this time, ready and hungry. The burn getting stronger as my source of satisfaction was in reach. "Hold still so I can kill you already !" I growled at him. He laughed, it was a cold and twisted sort of sound. "I'd like to see you try little one."

If there was one thing I hated, it was people making fun of my height.
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Marvel: Civil War   Marvel: Civil War - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:55 pm

A deep growl came from somewhere inside me. A growl I didn't even know I could do. I charged at him, he was ready. Not quite used to my 'new' body yet, he had the upper hand. As soon as I came close enough I was grabbed again, thrown harder this time. This sickening snap of bone as I felt my arm break, hitting the ground hard. The funny thing is that it didn't hurt like it should have, the pain seemed less intense. Dulled even. Put in context though, it only made me even more pissed off. Instincts going into overdrive from having to work for my food.

I shrugged off the pain and charged back at him, trying to get my mind to concentrate more then just go on blind instinct. He was ready again, and through the fog that was my thirst for blood I was ready for his counter move. He went to grab me again, his intent seeming to be that he didn't want to kill me. As he grabbed for me I swung my good arm around, my hand slicing through the air in a hard chop to his side. That sickening snap of bones as I felt his ribs break from the force.

He doubled over, holding his side left side. It was at this moment that I moved in for the kill. He was good, probably would've been a good fight without me being a vampire. But he didn't anticipate how much my already strong powers had been amplified. I kicked him hard, a swift hard kick to the side. A few more broken ribs. His breathing harsh and laboured as he lay on his side. I moved quickly, an animalistic grace to me as I grabbed and threw him. More bones breaking as he hit the side of a shipping container hard, leaving behind a bloody inkblot of a splat against the metal container then fell to the ground.

"You bitch! You could have been amazing! Had it all even!" He screamed at me.
"Have what exactly? Warehouse on the waterfront? All the thugs and shitheads I can eat? I hate to break it to you but I HAVE a life... and now... now..." The smell was getting to me. The sight of it. Crimson on the container, on the ground. My fangs came out again, I slide my tongue over one of them as if I was licking my lips. "And now... I'm taking what little life you have left."
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Marvel: Civil War   Marvel: Civil War - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 1:03 am

Lost in my instincts, the fire now a raging inferno burning in my throat. My lips close over his neck. Fangs break through skin, tearing through it like a knife gliding through butter. Veins, an artery. Snap like an elastic pulled too far. A gasp then a long deep moan escape my lips, less pleasure and more for the relief as the crimson extinguishes the inferno in my throat. I drink greedily from him, draining his body of its pressure blood, its power like a drug. Soothing nerves, boosting my energy. At the same time its like a razor cutting through your skin, its hard edge dragging through your core.

Still clenched on his throat, I pull back. A large section of his throat tearing away. Tossing my head back, it gets thrown to the ground with a dull, wet smack. Blood trickles down from the corner of my mouth. I felt fresh. New. Like someone had injected pure adrenaline into me but without the same kind of effect.
"Ashy... sis?" Chloe... shit! Chloe!
"Shit! Chloe you alright?"
"Am i alright? What about you!?"
"I... I'm fine. Just different is all."
"Well that's the biggest damn understatement I've ever heard!"
"Can you stop yelling? Please? You're gonna give me a headache."
"Sorry..."
"Its fine... I'm gonna make sure the stuff is secure then poke around a bit. Maybe find something that can help me."
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Marvel: Civil War   Marvel: Civil War - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 12:20 pm

After disposing of the body I brought the car into the warehouse. It was bigger then I first realized, rows and rows of containers. I knew where to find what Karov sent me for, the container marked with a trident. The Assassin's Society. Snapping the lock off, I slowly opened it. Greeted with the smell of gunpowder and metal. "He must've pulled some damn big strings to get the stuff through customs..."
The container was filled with weapons and ammunition. A gold mine for anyone who might have stumbled across it. With the list in hand and began going through everything to get what I needed. New weapons for Badger, the black box it came in was rather mysterious in my opinion but it wasn't my place to know what it was yet.

Near the back I found the equipment designated for me. "Merry fucking Christmas." Two .454 Raging Bull revolvers. A new Zastava M93 Black-Arrow rifle, two tungsten-carbide alloy arm blades with adamantium blade edges and two short-swords of the same material. "New gear means a new outfit." I grinned.

Last edited by Alice Greene on Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PredAlienHybrid
Admin
PredAlienHybrid

PostSubject: Re: Marvel: Civil War   Marvel: Civil War - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 5:04 pm

It had been a day since Ashley left and already my mind was starting to drive me crazy. That was the thing when you have an alien in your head whose violent persona you were trying to suppress, it was always gnawing at your mind to get you out there and do something. To keep it quiet I was in a constant state of exercising, but even that soon began to bore the symbiote. While it seemed its control over me had lessened considerably, it was still difficult to keep it contained. As much as I wouldn't mind going out and fighting crime I knew that the constant riots happening outside would make it a very bad idea. I could hear them outside, even now, demanding super heroes' heads on a platter. I knew I was no cape, but I was also sure that they, quite frankly, wouldn't care. The riots wouldn't stop until some damn fool decided to stop him themselves, but no self-respecting hero would dare hurt any innocents, especially now. Sighing to myself, figuring that this was all the exercise my little alien would do out of boredom for the day, I put the equipment away and walked out of the recreational area.
As I walked through the halls I felt a shiver shoot through my body, like my symbiote could sense...something. I paused for a moment, clutching my head I suddenly heard the sound of an angry and excited crowd roaring in my head. I wasn’t quite sure how I sensed it, or even if I knew it was real. I did, however, know that there was only one way to find out.
Searching through the halls of the hideout, I eventually found one with a TV inside. Quickly I rushed over to it, turning it on and switching it over to the news. I could see the huge crowd, a riot going on just a few blocks down from where we were at. “Badger, might wanna come take a look at this!” I exclaimed as I watched, my eyes following the violent crowd. The News Reporter voice was coming clear through the television, obviously from inside some sort of helicopter: “We bring you live to the corner of this normally quiet neighbourhood as protestors in support of the Superhuman Registration Act, aka the SRA, gather and demand the capture of local super heroes. This comes just hours after Steve Rogers, aka the infamous Captain America, fled SHIELD headquarters today in what citizens claim to be “The first act of war”. It is now believed that Captain America will inspire other heroes to refuse government and actually rally them together in some sort of “Anti-Registration Movement”. Captain America has frequently stated his rejection of the act and as caused- Wait! Something seems to be going on in the crowd!”

I watched with a surprised expression as the crowd began to part, the sight of blue fire filling the area where the crowd parted. In the center I could see a humanoid shape, looking oddly a lot like a skeleton consumed by blue flames, trying to make his way through the crowds obviously without the intention of harming civilians. “Idiot...” I murmured under my breath as I continued watching, listening to the reporter describe the scene I was watching with my own two eyes. At first it seemed like the superhuman would make it through unhindered, but suddenly the sound of gunfire filled the screen and that’s when all Hell broke loose. The crowd suddenly got thrown in a panic as more gunshots fired through the crowd, the reporter’s voice even sounding a little panicked: “We’ve got civilian gunfire ringing through the crowd! We’ve got some- Damn it, Harry, get us back a little we’re too close! We’ve some civilians armed with handguns and rifles...We can’t seem to be able to find the- There he is! He’s blasting through the crowd now, using that strange fire to get them out of the way before- It’s SHIELD!”

The sight of a few squads of people dressed in blue, obviously consistent with the same armour as SHIELD, rushed in armed with gas grenades that were being flung into the crowd. At this point the people had gone completely wild, pushing each other over and causing pure havoc in the streets. While still trying to escape, I could see the lone superhuman man trying to avoid the SHIELD agents. Suddenly there were a couple large explosions, and I saw the image of a trio of other man suddenly rushing onto the scene, obviously not part of the SHIELD team while at the same time fighting along-side them. Just from seeing the image of one of them tossing a white light from their hand that caused a small explosion when it touched the ground made me realize that these must’ve been the Registered Super Heroes sent in to round up unregistered ones I had a heard of. I could hear the sound of the reporter nearly freaking out: “We’ve got registered capes now engaging the unregistered superhuman! They seem to be taking their battle into the streets while the civilians flee!”

At this point I was already getting suited up. While I wasn’t in favour of going up against the government, there was no way I’d stand idly by as innocents were put in danger. “You coming, Badger?” I asked, suspecting that he was already here.
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Marvel: Civil War   Marvel: Civil War - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 6:27 pm

Its a good thing I'd taken the Taurus, having a large trunk was a pretty big help with all the stuff Karov wanted me to get. Wandering around the warehouse, I'd managed to piece together a new outfit from various different things. A black and red corset top, a pair of matching black and red leather pants that hugged tight around my hips, ass and thighs, a pair of black boots that went up mid-shin and a pair of black leather biker style gloves. To help blend in a little I also found a black leather long-coat. Add a belt to the pants and slip all my holsters on and I was set. Looking every bit a sexy badass Dhampir superhuman assassin.

"Alright, now I just get the stuff back to... what the hell?"
Something had the thugs riled up, alot of activity going on outside. Yelling, random gunfire, chants. I was getting the feeling it was starting.
"Down with heroes! Down with heroes! Down with heroes!" They chanted.

"Well they sound real friendly... to bad I have to be on my best behaviour." I grinned, running the thought over in my head before climbing into the car.
Back to top Go down
TombKing31
Watcher
Watcher
TombKing31

PostSubject: Re: Marvel: Civil War   Marvel: Civil War - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 10:45 pm

I had been listening to the T.V. in the other room, getting flustered by the ongoing news that had been streaming in recetly. It was unbelievable, the fact that they wanted to round up all these Capes that were trying to only help the people. Yet now, S.H.I.E.L.D was going around trying to get all these superheroes, even if they had to hurt civilians in order to get them.

As the reporter kept talking, I began putting on my equipment, preparing to go out and protect the innocent civilians that could get caught in the crossfire. Soon, New York was not going to be the place for them. It was going to be a battle zone.

It was hard to feel like this, almost as if betrayed. We had to show them what we were truly fighting for, this didn't have to be a war. Even if we hid ourselves more so then others, we had to show them the truth. Realizing this, I chuckled; to think I came from an 'alley rat' to a man fighting for his beliefs. I wasn't going to let them suppress us like this, it wasn't against the good and I couldn't allow them to let this keep going. For a few minutes, I rested my mask on the palm of my gloved hand, staring through the holes in them.

Without a furthers notice, I slid the mask over my head, making my way to the other room to see Ray staring at the screen. He was suited up already, looks like he had the same idea. "You coming, Badger?" I checked over my suit, making sure I was prepared, this wasn't any ordinary opponent, we weren't fighting villains this time.

Looking up, I nodded, "Let's go before it gets any worse," I walked past him to the elevator before turning one more time, "I know I'm asking a lot, and I'm probably already stating the obvious, but...don't let that symbiote take over you man. There is already a lot happening."

I placed my hand on his shoulder as if I was trying to calm him, he didn't need it though, "Let's do this, I'm sure Ashley will be around." Grinning, I made my way up, opening the door to the outside world. The neighborhood was dimly lit, but the mob wasn't far at all. And it wasn't that long before I found myself close by the riot, hiding myself on a roof. The scene was getting out of hand, it looked worse in person. The people were fleeing madly from the havoc that was being caused by S.H.I.E.L.D and the superhuman they were trying to catch.

And just like that, I jumped down unto a squad S.H.I.E.L.D personal, kicking two out and knocking another one out instantly with my Vibranium shield. I whipped myself around, finishing off the rest of the squad before turning to continue fighting.
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Marvel: Civil War   Marvel: Civil War - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 3:09 pm

The chants at the docks gave me an idea but it wasn't until I got out onto street that I really saw what was going on. For lack of a better word, it was a war zone. Burning cars, smashed store windows. Chaos.
"Somebody had a nice party, there's a parking garage about a block from my old apartment. I'll ditch the stuff on the roof of my old building then leave the car at the parking garage."
"Sounds like a plan Ashy."

Weaving slowly through flaming overturned cars I made my way over to my old apartment. The streets were a ghost town. Emergency personnel trying to do what they could, holding back the rioters, containing fires. It was a one sided fight.

I stuck mostly to the side streets. Main areas were over run either with rioters or simply choked up with debris and abandoned cars. Part of me believed that the registration act was the right thing to do, but I knew better then that.
Back to top Go down
PredAlienHybrid
Admin
PredAlienHybrid

PostSubject: Re: Marvel: Civil War   Marvel: Civil War - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 7:49 pm

The fight out in the streets had been about as bad as I had suspected: Blood, panic, and chaos. I couldn’t help but chuckle at the thought as I swung past the crowds of fleeing innocents, noticing the irony that these people had brought upon themselves. They wanted that superhuman caught, and this was their reward; amusing indeed.

As I quickly made my way towards the center of the action I felt the symbiote inside me tingling with anticipation, obviously rearing for a good fight. ‘This time, we do it my way’ I told it via the mental link we shared, exhibiting my will over it. There was no way it was going to dominate my mind again, no matter what happened. Badger knew he was stating the obvious, but nonetheless it was a relevant statement. Things would go way south really fast if I lost control, but that wasn’t going to happen. Not now, and not again.

Finding the center of the action, I tried to ignore the S.H.I.E.L.D. squads as much as I could. Those government soldiers were merely human, meaning they tended to be soft and squishy even in their armour. They were fragile, and even though I could feel their weapon’s rounds digging into the bullet proof costume I wore I didn’t want to kill anyone. They were doing their job, nothing more. Getting past them was easy enough, but the four super humans who were using the street like a war zone wouldn’t be.

Just from watching the brawl going down I was able to see the basics of each of their powers. The one I had already saw seemed to be able to form explosive orbs from his hands that he could throw and would explode on contact. Another one seemed to be dressed on a cloak, and seemed to be able to become intangible like a ghost. The last one seemed to be in charge, and seemed to be able to send out some sort of energy beams from his finger tips. Seeming to take point, the leader of this particular group took points and blasted the flaming skeleton man back, seeming to have him in a stunned state. With the three of them versus the fourth unregistered hero, it was plain to see he didn’t stand a chance on his own.

Luckily for him, he wasn't.

Seeing the three super heroes coming up near I felt myself leaping as high as I could right over their heads, a pleased hiss striking the air. At once I sent several tendrils from all over my body down and connected them to the ground at the super group’s feet. With a loud roar that surely got their attention, they looked up in time to see me falling towards the ground using my tendrils to pull myself in. I hit the ground with a shattering force, sending each and every one of them off their feet. With angry growl I grabbed the explosive hero’s ankle and tossed him Badger’s way. “Catch!” I called out as I threw him with tremendous force, perhaps more so than I intended.
With him gone I turned to the other two, who seemed to be just getting up and shaking off the dazed confusion. With the unregistered hero from before now incapacitated I knew it was just me versus them now, and I was just getting started on exercising my abilities.
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Marvel: Civil War   Marvel: Civil War - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 8:31 pm

The radio cut out, the music replaced with the voice from above, New York's own Roger Nelson. "Roger Nelson, still above the area that was once a peaceful gathering turned to chaos as the SRA seems to have started an uprising of unregistered super humans. Two new individuals have joined in to help the unregistered from earlier, fighting against the three registered super humans. I advise anyone in the area to stay away from here. I... get us out of here Jim..." The feed cut off as the chopper flew away.

Hearing the reports earlier from Roger, I knew where to go. Tearing through a back alley and out onto the main street, drifting the full size all wheel drive sedan around and flooring it. Turbo's screaming as the SHO tore down the street. Seventy, seventy-five, eighty. The speeds got higher as I pushed the car hard.
Nearly there, about a block to go when there was a sudden bang, the car fishtailed and clipped an abandoned police car, spun back the other way to hit a concrete barrier and rolled three times violently.
Back to top Go down
TombKing31
Watcher
Watcher
TombKing31

PostSubject: Re: Marvel: Civil War   Marvel: Civil War - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 11:58 pm

I was in the heating rush of combat, knocking out S.H.I.E.L.D soldiers left and right. It was a wonder how they kept this many people coming, even if they were highly trained. With the case given, I was still better than them and I took every advantage to show these suppressors a lesson. As flame of battle grew bigger and bigger, the dangers that were previously trivial were now starting to rise. Bullets seemed to be harder to dodge as they came in bigger droves then before. It wasn't quite yet interesting until Ray threw another problem at me.

Not to say I wouldn't take it, just didn't want to deal with both a superhuman AND dozens of S.H.I.E.L.D agents. Even if some of the odds were tipped in their favor, I kept a stern face, intent on beating these people back into sense.

The registered hero Ray threw at me used explosive orbs to get the job done. Seemed more fancy then using a gun or rocket, albeit still very dangerous in its own right. He caught himself mid air with a look of confusion as he landed back on the ground sloppily. The man looked up, ready to attack Ray but soon saw my gaze and the unconscious soldiers.

"Another vigilante?" he laughed to himself, seeming to scan me up and down, "you don't seem like much!" The enemy brought his hand up, firing an orb at me, which happened to be surprisingly fast. Although, I had been ready, dodging the attack with semi-ease. A huge explosion erupted behind me, causing me to turn around in an unexpected surprise.

"Damn, I wish I could say the same for you." In retaliation, I leaped forward towards the man to strike him. He dodged my first few flurries, but soon I started to connect my punches. The man was extremely durable to top it off, as he took some of my attacks and tried throwing his own. Luckily, I could take them with ease as well as dodge nearly all of them. The man was trained and his physical stature was most likely more heightened than mine. What was even worse was that he could use his explosive powers and fuse them with his punches. I had found that out the unfortunate way, as it connected with me with a loud BANG, sending me flying.

My body flew threw a concrete wall, as I landed in a clothing store, the draping falling over my head like a mist. So, he has a few tricks up his sleeve eh? I jumped forward, shaking my head as the healing factor closed in on the wounds.

"So we got a Wolverine like fellow?" The guy looked at me disgustingly, blood dripping down his brow and lip. As I moved in for another attack, something suddenly happened that caught me off guard.

A large truck seemed to swerve from the street, before hitting a concrete wall with much force. The momentum was so much it kept rolling, hitting me with the windshield. Glass shattered against my back as I noticed it was actually Ashley who had been driving the vehicle. I yelled in pain, my body rolling over the roof of the car before landing back on the concrete.

"Ashley, you on our side or what?!" I pushed myself off the ground my enemy taking advantage of this and blasting me back towards another building with another one of his explosive orbs. The force was stronger than then his punch; I assumed he could change the magnitude of his moves at will.

I brought myself back into motion, jumping up and running towards my challenger once more with escalated vigor. He launched a barrage of explosive orbs, as I dodged them all before I got into close quarters. Both my shields swiveled out, blocking another blasting move. I retaliated with my other vibranium shield, smacking him in the chest hard, which sent him back into a lamp post.

The man slowly got up with a scorn and hated look on his face, our heads butting once more into the fight.
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Marvel: Civil War   Marvel: Civil War - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 10:29 am

The Taurus had rolled three times before skidding on its roof down the street, catching a pot hole and rolling two more times. Taking a few soldiers and Badger with it. It came to a rest on its roof, barely recognizable as the car it once was. I cut the belt and landed on my side on the roof, the pain barely registering as I then kicked the door clean off, taking out another SHIELD soldier. "Why the fuck does that ALWAYS happen to me!" I crawled out and got up, the place was in chaos as I looked around. The smell of blood filled the air, driving my senses crazy. My body stiffened, the battle seemed to go on around me as if I wasn't there.

I saw her, walking down the middle of the street from where I had just came from. Like myself, her body was perfect. Flawless beauty. One of Wilson's new puppets sent to try and take me down. "Well... looks like the devils hands have been busy." I grinned and in one quick motion, drew out my arm blades.
Back to top Go down
PredAlienHybrid
Admin
PredAlienHybrid

PostSubject: Re: Marvel: Civil War   Marvel: Civil War - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 2:37 pm

I could feel myself, for the moment, in perfect control as I wrestled with the two remaining registered heroes. They seemed to know right away that a symbiote was a force to be reckoned with, no matter the host it possessed. Right away the finger-laser-guy had backed off and let me deal with the hero I assumed was the one they called “Ghost”, taking shots at me whenever he felt he had an opening. Unfortunately for him I was an agile mover, and with seemingly little effort I was moving around these two like they were in slow mo. I wasn’t able to make much progress; however, as this Ghost fellow was pretty good at keeping up his intangibility. Whenever he was in this ghost-like form none of my blows touched him, only passing through like he was made of mist.

“Hey Ghost, what do ya make of this guy, huh?” The leader said before taking another shot from his index finger, which I had just narrowly avoided.
“I dunno, boss! Ugly though!” Ghost replied, not having a chance to turn off his armour’s intangibility unless he wanted to risk getting hit hard. There seemed to be hint of worry in his voice, and with the way he was backing away it was as though he was wanting to have some alone time. Perhaps that suit’s power wasn’t unlimited.

“You ain’t seen nothin’ yet!” I spewed out, feeling the familiar monstrous grin begin to grow over my mask. The sight seemed to revolt the two at first, but I figured out pretty fast I probably wasn’t the first of my kind they had seen. I continued to press Ghost; my fists moving in a fast flurry and my body moving with such agility that rivalled even the amazing Spider-man. I had a feeling that when that invulnerability faded away there’d only be a soft, squishy man left to pummel.

It wasn’t long before Ghost was really starting to panic.

“C’mon Solace! Get this thing off me!” Ghost called out to his partner, the worry in his voice loud and clear. The sound prompted a chuckle out of me, and I could see the faint transparent look beginning to fade away.

The sight of someone under his command seemed to trigger a rather aggressive reaction out of the “Solace” guy, a rather ironic name. No sooner did I see the mist fade away from Ghost did my hand rise to deliver a sharp blow before I suddenly felt a sharp force collide with my side and tackle me to the ground. ‘Super strength, figures’. I recovered rather quickly from the blow, rolling off my shoulder as I fell to the ground and punched Solace right in the jaw, knowing that the blow would’ve snapped his neck had he not been super human. There was a dazed look in his eyes now, and my slimmer form grinned at him with sharp teeth. I tossed him away before turning back to Ghost, who seemed to be trying to get away now that his ‘Ghost Form’ had worn out for the moment. “Oh no you don’t...”

Watching the registered hero flee seemed to trigger a rather primal response from me, like the sensation of a predator watching prey flee. Immediately I stretched out my palm and sent out a tendril, grinning as I felt his catch and wrap around Ghost’s torso. With my almost monstrously large grin I yanked back hard on the tendril and pulled him back towards me at high speed. The hand that was previously pulling back on the tendril now became a fist as I caught him with my other one. Even from under his mask I could feel his eyes, wide with terror, staring down at me. “Night, night” I said, holding him by the collar and raising my fist. Before he could even mutter a word I punched him across the face, knocking him out cold. Before I could even consider what to do with him now I felt a sharp and burning pain in my arm, powerful enough to make me drop the unconscious body of Ghost.

I glared at Solace, who apparently had gotten enough time to recover from my previous punch. I could tell a bruise was already forming, but needless to say this fellow now had my undivided attention. With a small hiss I suddenly sprinted forward, using my amazing speed and agility to avoid most of the beams he was firing off in order to slow me down. Now I was really looking forward to putting these guys down, hard.

The moment I got there we exchanged blows. I felt his fist plough across my mask as my own knuckles dug into his side. I was surprised by his own speed, for he was able to block many of my hits and deliver a few good blows of his own. Of course, I wasn’t in my full symbiote form. I had no control in that form, at least, not yet. Fortunately for me I still had amazing protection while wearing the symbiote suit, meaning his blows felt well cushioned.

At some point during our little brawl I took advantage of one of his blows and twisted his arm back before getting behind him and punching the back of his shoulder. There was that distinct crack sound, probably a bone snapping under the pressure from the twisted arm and the blow which was followed by a scream of pain. I dropped him, watching him clutch his broken or dislocated shoulder. I was breathing hard, trying to stop myself from going any further by killing this man. I could feel the alien struggling for control, and I was only just able to keep it from taking over and butchering the man I had incapacitated. “Heh, get up you miserable excuse for a-“ I said before Solace whipped around and planted both his palms on my chest and released a huge pulse of energy at point black range. The force of the energy release was much more than I could take, effectively blasting a hole in my symbiote suit and sending me flying back, skidding across the ground and knocking into several S.H.I.E.L.D. troops like they were bowling pins.

I was lying on the ground, pain rippling across my entire body as the suit sealed its self from the hole made by Solace. However, a new rush of emotion surged through my brain...rage, anger, bloodlust. I couldn’t keep them out. I slowly got up, the suit growing in size until I was in full symbiote form, with a Hulk-like frame and sharp fangs lined around my jaws. A wicked tongue was sported as well, as though I could taste the unregistered hero's flesh even now. He looked at me with a wide eyed terror that rivalled Ghost’s when I held him before knocking him out, only this time Solace could almost tell that I intended to do so much more. However, they weren’t my intentions anymore. They were Chaos’s.

“Heha...Hehahaha... Now ya gone and done it... I’ma gonna- WE’RE gonna tear ya limb from limb!”
Back to top Go down
TombKing31
Watcher
Watcher
TombKing31

PostSubject: Re: Marvel: Civil War   Marvel: Civil War - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 7:19 pm

As the fight wore on, almost all of my punches started connected. I stopped pulling back and unleashed, reducing my opponent to an almost bloody pulp. I'd have to give him credit for lasting this long, his durability was astoundingly impressive. He managed to take a few smacks from my shield and still keep fighting on. The few punches that did connect to me did wreak havoc, as he fused it with his explosive powers to make it more devastating.

His body was pushed back by one of my kicks before I moved in to knock him out for good. What I hadn't expected was for him to conjure up another explosive orb in such a quick amount of time. The mass of the explosion hit me in the chest, flinging me back across the street. I placed my hand on my chest, as the torn muscles and broken bones started to heal over. The sudden rush of unexpected pain threw me off guard, causing me to lay limp on the ground for a strained minute.

Once I had gotten back on my feet, I noticed the explosive man was conjuring up yet another attack. It seemed to be bigger then the all his other moves, making me realize that this attack might not only hurt me. I sprinted back towards him, bringing up both my shields in front of his hands. His surprised and distorted face showed me hadn't expected me to appear back that fast, firing off the bomb in a scare.

There was a loud yet muffled sounding BANG, the main source of impact bouncing off my shields and hitting backwards. A large whip of fire shot back, plumes of smoke trailing towards the sky as my enemy was caught in the crossfire. He most likely had a resistance to his own moves, but the sheer volume of this move knocked him unconscious immediately. The heated fire had also strained around my shield's edges, lashing at the outskirts of my body. My knee buckled under, as most of my wounds had not yet fully healed.

The echo of the explosion died down quickly, as I limped towards him to check for vitals.

"Good fight...and he's still alive, good," Moving back, I noticed that more S.H.I.E.L.D soldiers had coming, now surrounding me as some of the others took my previous opponent for medical care. At the same time, I also realized that Chaos was starting to replace Ray's shoes. Dammit! Of all the moments he could have picked! Hopefully Ashley can calm him down or something, though I doubt it'd work. At the moment, I was too busy to deal with anything else as the large group of agents started firing at me once more.
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Marvel: Civil War   Marvel: Civil War - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 7:40 pm

"At last we finally meet Miss Greene."
"And you must be Kingpins bitch version two point oh."

I charged at her, taking her almost by surprise. In a blinding flash she had a blade of her own out. A katana much like my old one. My right blade and her katana met with a flash of sparks, mere seconds after all this took place I'd spun around and the fight started. She was quick but I had a new edge now, speed and strength greater then Kingpin could ever dream of putting into one of his puppets. I held back, getting a sense of what her strength was as we exchanged blows. She was an expert with a blade, nice form, excellent foot work. During the sword fight I saw an engraving on the blade of her katana, The Crimson Ghost, in ancient Chinese.

None of the others carried any personalized weapons. My mind suddenly flashed to an older but more recent memory. The fight between Ray and I in front of Kingpins tower, he'd taken some DNA from me.

"Good to see my DNA got put to good use."
She simply smirked but I had her at just enough of a distraction. Not much but I'd take it, anything and everything helps when your fighting at the blinding speed we were.
I drove my right foot hard into her side, the force throwing her into a nearby car, crushing the side in.
"Not bad, don't let yourself get distracted so easily." My voice was calm and cool.
The odd thing was that she didn't attempt to get up, she just stared at me.
Back to top Go down
Alice Greene
Admin
Alice Greene

PostSubject: Re: Marvel: Civil War   Marvel: Civil War - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 10:09 am

Violette
She had me pinned, staring down at me. But it wasn't this new Ashley I was looking at. I wasn't even seeing what was happening around me.

What I saw was much more terrifying then the war zone around us. The images weren't flowing like usual, more like flashing images. Fighting, pain, blood, death. All these images flashing through my mind, overwhelming me. I didn't even realize the screeching scream that came from my mouth.

In a blurred flash, I lunged and took Ashley to the ground. The car behind us exploding a second later.

"Wh-what?" She looked up at me as I kept her pinned, fiery debris from the car raining down around us.

Ashley
I thought of killing her right there as she kept me down. I would have at first if it wasn't for the car, she saved me. Or atleast it seemed that way.
"Wh-what?" I looked up at her, trying to make sense of what just happened. It took a few seconds but it finally clicked. With my DNA in her, she must be getting some of my memories somehow. It would explain the blank stare she had, the sudden scream. It all made sense now.

But was she still an enemy? That was the question.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marvel: Civil War   Marvel: Civil War - Page 17 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marvel: Civil War
Page 17 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17